New to driving stick

Read the FAQ and still not sure about something? Want to shift faster? Post here.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: New to driving stick

Post by tankinbeans »

88k is still a baby. I've relayed the story of my brother's car numerous times. Your learning process can't be as abusive as his normal driving, if for no other reason than you are clearly thinking about it and trying to consciously minimize wear.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
rml605
Senior Standardshifter

Post by rml605 »

tankinbeans wrote:88k is still a baby. I've relayed the story of my brother's car numerous times. Your learning process can't be as abusive as his normal driving, if for no other reason than you are clearly thinking about it and trying to consciously minimize wear.
Yeah, plus it's an Acura. :D

Oh jeesus, been get that slicing grinding noise on 1-2 because on quick shifts foot hasn't been all the way down on clutch. :oops:
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

I can't remember if yours is pre- or post- cheese grater beak, but I've liked Acura for awhile. I'd probably just load up an Accord though, if I wanted a semi-luxobarge. I had an 03 Accord Coupe that was great.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
rml605
Senior Standardshifter

Post by rml605 »

:lol: it's an 04, so pre..before they ruined all their cars.