Fed up with the noises

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Re: Fed up with the noises

Post by comingbackdown »

I know I've got a mount and some other issues going on. Normally only happens in low gear, not even when I get off the throttle. When I clutch in and the drivetrain completely unloads, *CLUNK*

Yeah...
I'm guessing I'm losing a mount.

Test method won't work on mine... In mine, (handbrake doesn't work atm) you put it in first and shove it, and it scoots backward a couple inches and the engine turns over... In 5th gear, the engine turns over and it just rolls backward out of control... She's on her last legs.

I'm leaning toward a mount, cosmin. Seriously.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

comingbackdown wrote:I know I've got a mount and some other issues going on. Normally only happens in low gear, not even when I get off the throttle. When I clutch in and the drivetrain completely unloads, *CLUNK*
What you described here is what happens to me sometimes too. Now I'm nearly sure it's a mount.
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

eggwich delfiero wrote:...unsmooth kerchunk...
...Maximum Kerchunk...
Quoted because they're both delightful phrases.

Cosmin, I can see the cosmos coming into alignment. It's clear to me now: give the Corolla to your dad, then guilt trip him into getting you a Miata.
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

clunking car. haha. get used to it, as long as shit isnt falling off as your driving along youll be alright
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

It's not that it's just clunking, I mean, if it were up to me, I wouldn't really care, it's my dad that thinks my car is going to shit because it's making noises.

But it's also been really sloppy when re-applying the throttle. It hesitates a bit by (well, I don't want to say bucking, because that's too extreme, something along the lines of lightly bucking when the throttle is re-applied). I hate the sloppy feeling.
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

i know what you mean. my engine rocked like it was mounted on a hamster wheel when my back motor mount was ripped out of the trans. now it barely moves at all. best part is that it moves the entire front to back crossmember instead of flexing the window weld in the mount. guess its time to make myself a custom crossmember or the whole subframe brace that wont move around and my engine can be perfectly still when revving
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr