Vibrations and wierd noise

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: Vibrations and wierd noise

Post by AHTOXA »

Misfire? Faulty spark plug wire? Have you checked the plugs lately and their condition?
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
rubi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Citroën AX

Post by rubi »

After a mechanic tour, we found out that the right control arm bushing is on the way to be replaced, but we couldn't exactly figure what else could be wrong, because all of the other symptoms aren't really permanent, things that come and go...

Does that have any other effect on the car?
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I've had conrol arm bushings go, but I've never had the car shake from it.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
rubi
Senior Standardshifter

Post by rubi »

I might ask my mechanic to tighten the screws of the engine/engine parts or whatever.
rubi
Senior Standardshifter

Post by rubi »

The motor does vibrate but it's not a mount problem, tuned it up a little and now it's nearly gone, except that the car's intake isn't really always constant in the idle position so it depends.

The wheels really needed alignment, the right one was lagging by one degree and hence misaligned, now it's all checked out and fix, quite balanced, and no vibrations. That didn't really show till a week ago, the car started to lean right, the misalignment was huge by the end of it.

The control arm bushing is on the way to go, that settled the noise, not replacing it yet though.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Have you searched for vacuum leaks? If it is sucking in extra air, that would explain roughness, choke influence, idle speed fluctuation, etc. My flavorite method of searching for a vacuum leak is to open the hood, apply the park brake, place the trans in Neutral, start the engine, let it idle, step out of the car, open the gas valve on a propane torch (BUT DON'T LIGHT IT!) and spray the unlit propane along the intake tract, especially near where it fastens to the cylinder head, the throttle body, etc. If/When the engine rpm increases, it may be because the propane was inhaled through the vacuum leak point and reduced or eliminated a lean fuel mixture condition.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"