Well I found the Focus replacement...

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Re: Well I found the Focus replacement...

Post by ClutchFork »

ClutchDisc wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:07 pm
IMBoring25 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:48 pm My truck had similar tint all the way around when I bought it. I found it significantly increased the degree of difficulty of driving at night and destroyed the usefulness of the right outside mirror when the sun was low in the sky and behind me. It was also one more thing the gendarmes could give me a hard time about if they so chose.
It felt very unsafe to me... found myself opening the windows at night just to see.
About 5 years ago I bought my wife a '99 Plymouth Voyager that had the tint on the sides and back. Could not see at night to turn a corner or back up. Had the front side tint and back tint removed and it was much better and safer.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

it's probably similar in a lot of other northern states, but having dark tint is a recipe for being mistaken for a drug dealer. it's also not as crucial as in the southern states. on top of that, there are legal limits on tint darkness which people tend to disobey. then someone else ends up with an illegally tinted car.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

ClutchDisc wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:20 pm Better lighting with the grill:
Imageam eye the own lee won who prefers the stock grill??
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Post by ClutchDisc »

Nah, I gotta say I like my grill better.
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Rob, body coloured stock looks good, but the Gillette style grille is gross. YMMV

If anything put the marque back in the grille, but CD's grille is much better than the chromestache.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

To each their own. Wasn’t gonna say it but my hand is being forced - it looks ghetto to me.
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter

Post by ClutchDisc »

Well to each their own. I don't see it as ghetto at all. If I had the stock grill would I buy this and add it? Nah, I wouldn't. But to me, the all around black out tint is what looked ghetto. This grill is very plain. Better than all silver.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

The grill is functional. No need to mess with it. I think I have the Ford oval off my Ranger (replaced it with the Mercury emblem found at the side of the road). Could put that in the middle, but it is rather small by today's standards.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ClutchFork wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:42 pm The grill is functional. No need to mess with it. I think I have the Ford oval off my Ranger (replaced it with the Mercury emblem found at the side of the road). Could put that in the middle,
but it is rather small by today's standards.
Fickset
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford eventually make every front end into a large Ford oval now that they're abandoning cars. The emblems across the board have gotten yuge. I suppose at least they've not gone the MB route and lit it up.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

tankinbeans wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:35 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Ford eventually make every front end into a large Ford oval now that they're abandoning cars. The emblems across the board have gotten yuge. I suppose at least they've not gone the MB route and lit it up.
Funny thing though is that Ford's logo is antiquated, Model T-ish. Shouldn't they redesign their logo to be modern like their cars?
Stick shiftin since '77
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

I like that it's clean and understated. I'm really not sure what they could do with it to update it other than the minor tweaks and embiggening they've done.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

tankinbeans wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:11 pm I like that it's clean and understated. I'm really not sure what they could do with it to update it other than the minor tweaks and embiggening they've done.
Oh I like it but the type face is definitely an antiquated typeface. Aside from the redneck spelling, they could go from this,

to this,

Stick shiftin since '77
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter

Post by ClutchDisc »

Well everyone, on Wednesday the Fusion was rear ended. The story goes as this...

A guy hit me driving 35 mph while I was stopped for a red light. His excuse that he told the officer? "My windshield was completely covered in frost, I couldn't see a thing" :roll:

You can't make this stuff up! :( :evil:

potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

How come eye fought you had a focus and not a fusion? Either way, sorry to hear and hope you get a good replacementmobile out of it. Frosted windshield, eh?? :lol: :x :evil: :twisted: