My 1991 honda civic

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

My 1991 honda civic

Post by bk7794 »

I finally got my pictures from my school computer. Here we are my first picture I did edit this a bit. For all you photo nuts see if you can guess the edits. :D
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: My 1991 honda civic

Post by AHTOXA »

After all the conversations you've had about her with cow, I feel like I've known the old gal for years.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

interesting pic - looks like you hdr-ified it and some chrome effect. just work up so it could just be the sleepy eye effect, but it seems different from a "normal" pic to me...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

HDRification was my guess too, but I don't know much about that stuff.

That headlight looks brand new.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

probably sharpened a little too
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

For some reason, I always pictured your Civic as looking something like this:

I guess "black" came to mind because of the "bk" in your username....and for some reason I thought it was a bit newer body style.

Everyone should post at least one picture of their car.... :o
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Start a thread about it, Shadow.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

AHTOXA wrote:Start a thread about it, Shadow.
I don't think we need a thread....we have an entire sub-forum dedicated to photos of members' cars.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

This isn't an overly active forum. Sometimes we need new threads to mix it up a little. We mostly keep discussions in existing threads. Getting thread stagnation at times.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

AHTOXA wrote:This isn't an overly active forum. Sometimes we need new threads to mix it up a little. We mostly keep discussions in existing threads. Getting thread stagnation at times.
Hmm....we should recruit more members here.

And that goes back to what I've said before--it would be nice to see this forum evolve from what it seems to be now (a forum that exists mostly to help/offer advice to noob manual tranmission drivers) into a forum that's also for people who have been driving stick for a long time and just appreciate the art of driving. Honestly, when I first discovered this forum, I thought it was more of the latter than the former, but it quickly became obvious that I was mistaken. That's not a bad thing per se, but when a noob stick driver gets to the point where he/she feels comfortable driving, I can see him/her moving on and not participating in the forum.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

Shadow wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:This isn't an overly active forum. Sometimes we need new threads to mix it up a little. We mostly keep discussions in existing threads. Getting thread stagnation at times.
Hmm....we should recruit more members here.

And that goes back to what I've said before--it would be nice to see this forum evolve from what it seems to be now (a forum that exists mostly to help/offer advice to noob manual tranmission drivers) into a forum that's also for people who have been driving stick for a long time and just appreciate the art of driving. Honestly, when I first discovered this forum, I thought it was more of the latter than the former, but it quickly became obvious that I was mistaken. That's not a bad thing per se, but when a noob stick driver gets to the point where he/she feels comfortable driving, I can see him/her moving on and not participating in the forum.
This is why I want a window cling with the Standard Shift.com logo or something on it. Its free advertisement for the site and we get to spot each other easily with it.
Shadow wrote:For some reason, I always pictured your Civic as looking something like this:

I guess "black" came to mind because of the "bk" in your username....and for some reason I thought it was a bit newer body style.

Everyone should post at least one picture of their car.... :o
That is actually the body style I am looking into now. Seems to be as durable as my generation but worked out all the kinks in it.
theholycow wrote:HDRification was my guess too, but I don't know much about that stuff.

That headlight looks brand new.
Yes I did do HDR toning to it. But the thing is its not a "Photoshop" hdr toning, well it is but I actually took three different pictures and made it into one.

The headlight is relatively new I believe, definitely the same one when my family got it eight years back from my uncle.
The headlights are actually made of glass so they do not get any hazing. One of my favorite things about the car.
AHTOXA wrote:After all the conversations you've had about her with cow, I feel like I've known the old gal for years.
Haha :D
potownrob wrote:interesting pic - looks like you hdr-ified it and some chrome effect. just work up so it could just be the sleepy eye effect, but it seems different from a "normal" pic to me...
Not the sleepy eye effect the real eye effect I guess you could say :D Nice!
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

bk7794 wrote: This is why I want a window cling with the Standard Shift.com logo or something on it. Its free advertisement for the site and we get to spot each other easily with it.
Yeah, a window cling or sticker would be a good idea, but it doesn't look like it's ever gonna happen. With the light active membership here, I think it would be extremely rare for most of us to ever run into another member.
The headlights are actually made of glass so they do not get any hazing. One of my favorite things about the car.
Ah, the good old days of real glass headlight lenses. I just missed the cutoff with my 4Runner, as the 3rd gen 4Runners all had glass lenses and the switch to plastic lenses happened as the 4th gen came out in 2003. But if anyone needs some tips on polishing plastic headlight lenses, I'm actually an expert at it. Not only can I make them crystal clear, but I also apply a clearcoat with UV protection to prevent them from clouding up or yellowing over time. I actually restored the headlights on my buddy's Audi a while back and here's what they looked like when I was done:

I forgot to take "before" pics, so you'll just have to take my word for it when I tell you that they were pretty cloudy. I could hardly make out the projectors through the lenses.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

Shadow wrote:
bk7794 wrote: This is why I want a window cling with the Standard Shift.com logo or something on it. Its free advertisement for the site and we get to spot each other easily with it.
Yeah, a window cling or sticker would be a good idea, but it doesn't look like it's ever gonna happen. With the light active membership here, I think it would be extremely rare for most of us to ever run into another member.
Ah, the good old days of real glass headlight lenses. I just missed the cutoff with my 4Runner, as the 3rd gen 4Runners all had glass lenses and the switch to plastic lenses happened as the 4th gen came out in 2003. But if anyone needs some tips on polishing plastic headlight lenses, I'm actually an expert at it. Not only can I make them crystal clear, but I also apply a clearcoat with UV protection to prevent them from clouding up or yellowing over time. I actually restored the headlights on my buddy's Audi a while back and here's what they looked like when I was done:

I forgot to take "before" pics, so you'll just have to take my word for it when I tell you that they were pretty cloudy. I could hardly make out the projectors through the lenses.
Now those look brand new! Good Job!

About the window cling you never know, we should just keep pestering the owner to see if we can do it. I mean what if someone just did it?

Also I was a noob at stick and am getting quite comfortable with it, I am still participating :D
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

I don't know that I would say a window cling is as much about running into another SS'er (especially if you're not in the NE where a good chunk of you all are) as much as getting attention. If someone says, "hey, you drive a manual" then it has done its job.

Now there is still the problem of getting the clings ok'd...

EDIT (because I don't like double posts):
Shadow, have you ever used those kits you can buy that have a drill attachment and cleaner to clean headlights? That's what my dad and I have used and it works fairly well. Can't say it's quite to the professional looking clean you did, but certainly far better than it was. I don't remember the brand though, sorry :roll:
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

Squint wrote:I don't know that I would say a window cling is as much about running into another SS'er (especially if you're not in the NE where a good chunk of you all are) as much as getting attention. If someone says, "hey, you drive a manual" then it has done its job.

Now there is still the problem of getting the clings ok'd...
Well, if that's the case, we could always design something similar to what I posted before (a circle that represents a shift knob with a shift pattern in the middle) and nobody would need any kind of permission because it wouldn't have anything to do with the forum. I think the "Save the Manuals" campaign from Car and Driver might offer a similar kind of sticker or window cling.

EDIT (because I don't like double posts):
Shadow, have you ever used those kits you can buy that have a drill attachment and cleaner to clean headlights? That's what my dad and I have used and it works fairly well. Can't say it's quite to the professional looking clean you did, but certainly far better than it was. I don't remember the brand though, sorry :roll:
Yeah, there are a lot of kits like that. They work fairly well, but the problem is that after you polish the plastic lenses, they are left unprotected and will usually cloud up again relatively quickly. The right way to do it is to polish them clear and then clearcoat them with some UV protection. Then they should stay clear for several years.