S10 was improved by accident today

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Re: S10 was improved by accident today

Post by ClutchFork »

Even though I am selling the truck to ClutchDisk's neighbor, i thought that I should post the latest rigged repair to the S10. It is a tailgate hinge made from a piece of pipe (generator tailpipe) with tabs folded over and a bolt through it. The old hinge rotted away. Works pretty good. Is solidly mounted, not going anywhere. .
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Well it is the beginning of a new era. I have not had a car for my personal vehicle in 44 years, and now the S10 is officially sold. Last car I had was in 1977, a 1963 Chevy Biscayne 4-door, 3-on-the-tree, with an inline six. It was a fun car to drive and I have a lot of memories (like the time I accidentally set it on fire under the driver's seat--the aftermath was a couch cushion on the bare, charred springs). And, of course, it was rear wheel drive.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

I already miss having a pickup truck. Maybe I yank the Fusion trunk lid, put in a plastic liner with drain holes and make funky (because front drive) Ranchero out of it?

It doesn't matter if I butcher it because the car is going to rot anyway. Every car I ever had always rotted. I think is must be me. Oh, BTW did I mention I only wash cars once maybe every 5 years whether they need it or not?
Stick shiftin since '77
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ClutchFork wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:07 pm I already miss having a pickup truck. Maybe I yank the Fusion trunk lid, put in a plastic liner with drain holes and make funky (because front drive) Ranchero out of it?

It doesn't matter if I butcher it because the car is going to rot anyway. Every car I ever had always rotted. I think is must be me. Oh, BTW did I mention I only wash cars once maybe every 5 years whether they need it or not?
I had a friend that made an "El Camino" out of an Impala. I really don't know why he didn't just start with an El Camino, but he cut off the tops of the quarter panels and beat over the sharp edge of the sheet metal with a hammer. He took out the rear glass and put down a sheet of plywood to make the bed floor. There was a plexiglass barrier behind the front seat to keep weevils and exhaust fumes out of the passenger compartment. I would imagine that drain holes were involved as well.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:02 pm
I had a friend that made an "El Camino" out of an Impala. I really don't know why he didn't just start with an El Camino, but he cut off the tops of the quarter panels and beat over the sharp edge of the sheet metal with a hammer. He took out the rear glass and put down a sheet of plywood to make the bed floor. There was a plexiglass barrier behind the front seat to keep weevils and exhaust fumes out of the passenger compartment. I would imagine that drain holes were involved as well.
Now that would be something to see!
Stick shiftin since '77