Ocean City, MD (as a summertime vacation spot)

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Ocean City, MD (as a summertime vacation spot)

Post by ElectroGhandi »

Fun: 4
Distance: 5
Cost: 5
Traffic/Parking: 3
Hotels: 5
Overall: 4.5

-FUN-
The anticipation one experiences before a trip to Ocean City is immense. Everyone around here loves Ocean City, and it is justified. The beaches are full of fun people during the day and are quite relaxing in the evening (I prefer the latter). There are numerous minigolf places and amusement parks which include water slides/parks and go cart tracks! There is no shortage of festive, beach-themed bars and restaurants. This section is a 4 because while Ocean City is incredibly fun for a few days, it gets old after a while.

-DISTANCE-
As evidenced by the above map, Ocean City and its surrounding beaches (Dewey, Rehoboth, Fenwick Island) are well within reach of Baltimore. Not only is the distance not bad, but the drive is excellent. The only frustrating parts are on the west side of the Chesapeake Bay (Baltimore beltway etc). Once you get past the Chesapeake Bay Bridge toll booth, it's smooth, pleasant sailing. One of the best parts about going to Ocean City is the drive. Traversing the Bridge will instantly life your spirits and the scenery is wonderful going through Kent Narrows after the Bridge. From there, you'll see the farms and landscapes of the Eastern Shore. The only downside is you might have to roll up the window occasionally, unless you enjoy the smell of chicken shit.

-COST-
The beaches are free and the entertainment is cheap. Cost is 5, for sure.

-TRAFFIC/PARKING-
Although I don't think this applies to anyone here, I must mention that if you can't parallel park, you're screwed here. Almost all parking is this way as lots are stupidly expensive, fill up fast, and are scarce. Sometimes you'll have to circle around a few times until you find a spot. Traffic can be pretty bad on the main thoroughfare (Coastal Highway) which runs parallel to the beach. But all in all, it's not too bad.

-HOTELS-
No shortage of hotels either. I usually stay with my grandparents who live there, so I can't really comment on price, but I did once stay at The Carousel, which was pretty amazing. They had an indoor ice skating rink. You would definitely want to check it out.

-OVERALL-
A wonderful summertime vacation spot for those in the Baltimore-Washington area. I go every year!
mtheis
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Corolla, 76 Celica

Re: Ocean City, MD (as a summertime vacation spot)

Post by mtheis »

paul34 wrote:FOSE :?:
+1
2007 Corolla
2017 Cannondale Quick 3
1995 Tercel
1976 Celica GT
Unofficial SS.com IRC Server
Driving stick since March 20, 2002
Official lurker
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

paul34 wrote:FOSE :?:
I'm guessing it depends on your playa attitude.
Drunk chicks on the beach? Got muscles to pick up a beach hottie? How 'bout chatting up a chick in one of those beach-themed bars?

1. Chat up a chick, your place or hers.
2. Boink-boink to tha doink-doink.
3. ???
4. Profit! (Unless you catch something. Wrap teh prick before you stick, fellas.)
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I have a soft spot for Ocean City, NJ. Ill stick with that.