Left 4 Dead 2

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Left 4 Dead 2

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

Okay. I just got this game today and I think it's an awesome sequel, so here goes.

Left 4 Dead 2 for Xbox 360.

Graphics: 5/5 Scales down well to a 480p screen. :lol: All the gruesome details still come through.

Engine: 5/5 The "Director" engine got better. Now with adaptive difficulty! If you're doing well, it'll make it more like a maze. But if you're struggling, it will make the line to the safe house more linear.

Gore Factor: 6/5 LOTS of blood. Using melee weapons only makes it better, as you get a nice splatter on your screen spare for a circular section that always stays clear.

Melee weapons are the most fun part of this in my opinion. Rather than just mowing down a horde of zombies with a machine gun, clear cut them with a chainsaw (extra gore), but be sparing, they run out of gas fairly quickly. The way limbs and heads are removed also changes depending on what you're using. An axe will create a fairly jagged cut, like what it is, a brute force cutting weapon; however, a katana (referred to as a "ninja sword" in game) will create a fairly smooth cut. The armory has also been increased in size. Originally, you had a pistol, machine gun, pump shotgun, auto shotgun, and scoped rifle. Now a sniper rifle, M-16, AK-47, Desert Eagle, and grenade launcher, not to mention a full armory of melee weapons, from a lowly fireman's axe, to the wtf cricket bat.

Retailed for $65.14 at the local GameStop. (MSRP+CA sales tax)
Caramel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: [1999 Volvo S70]

Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Caramel »

I got it for 20$ on PC :)
been playing religiously since .
Roymond
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Roymond »

I highly doubt that this game is more than perfect.

I feel like some of the gameplay is a bit mindless. Like on the level where the guy doesn't let you through until you go get him a pack of soda? Really... Soda?

That being said I haven't played through the campaign.

I do enjoy the new special infected and the walking witch.
Swimmerboy
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Post by Swimmerboy »

I was never really a fan of zombie shooter games but i really like Left 4 Dead 2
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 5 Speed
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

FOSE?!?!?!?
DKaz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mazda3, Matrix, R3

Post by DKaz »

This game is fun after along stressful day at work, 'nuff said. I'm only playing the demo but planning to buy the full version soon.
09 Mazda 5 GS 6MT - His
12 Mazda 3 GS-L Skyactiv 6MT - Hers

ImageImage
Caramel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: [1999 Volvo S70]

Post by Caramel »

It's all about expert where the common infected do 20 damage with each hit, zombies can climb pretty much anything ( same with tank ), and the special infected pretty much incap you no matter what health you're at.
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

ColJessip wrote:FOSE?!?!?!?
Oh, Feasibility of sexual encounters: (Dependent) If she's a gamer girl who likes shooter games, you're good. If not, you're boned.