One Man Brake Bleeding Kit

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

One Man Brake Bleeding Kit

Post by FDSpirit »

Okay, I have the day off from work today and I thought I would give a review of some sort. I'll try to type this out as best as possible.

The kit is sold at Harbor Freight stores for about 5 bucks. The kit includes 2 or 3 plastic clear tubes, 3 plastic adapters for different types of bleeding screws, and of course a plastic container for the brake fluid. It also has a pretty big magnet which is used to attach to a metal surface of the car.
Value:4/5-It's no secret you can just go to a Home Depot or a Lowe's and get some plastic clear tubing to do this. And who doesn't have a few empty plastic bottles lying around? But the fact this kit comes with adapters to fit different types of brake bleeding screws, it makes it much easier(I couldn't find a perfect size tubing to go over the bleeder screw. The tube was either too wide or too narrow to fit over it.) And this also worked when I bled my clutch, so there's another use for it.
Quality:3.5/5-Eh, it's plastic. Nothing has been defective. I can't really say much about it.
Ease of Use:5/5- Directions are pretty straightforward. Attach one hose and an adapter. Place the magnet on a metal part of the car ABOVE the bleeder screw. Loosen the screw. Press brake a few times, check bottle, empty when full and repeat until fluid is clear of bubbles and press brake pedal until stiff. I had a person with me since he had extra pieces at his place that I needed to remove a rotor. He just monitored the fluid level and told me when to stop pressing the brake.
Feasibility of Sexual Encounters:.5/5 If you can find a woman who will trade car jobs for other "jobs", then I guess you're good :lol:
Overall:4/5-For what it does, I'd say get it. It's easy to use and the price isn't too steep. It's a great piece for any DIYer IMO

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=37201
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: One Man Brake Bleeding Kit

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Man's got his woman to take his seed
He's got the power - oh
She's got the need
She spends her life through pleasing up her man
She feeds him dinner or anything she can

She cries alone at night too often
He smokes and drinks and don't come home at all
Only women bleed
Only women bleed
Only women bleed
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

:lol: . Nice
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Jess call me Alice Mini-Cooper!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

I have that kit but have never needed to use it. With the tiny bottle I assumed I'd modify it to work with a larger one.

They have more expensive better kits and I figured that one probably sucks. I'm glad to hear that it does not.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=92474
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=92924
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

My biggest gripe was the bottle size as well because it fills up pretty quick. Now that I know there are other ones there, I'll definitely check em' out next time I do a brake job. Thanks for the links.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Hey! WTF. Why is it $10 for it up here?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/produ ... 7935737057
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

It would be $10 in any other store here, too. Harbor Freight sells a lot of the same awful cheezy Chinese garbage that other discount stores sell, at half the price.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

Yup. Although cheezy, it gets the job done since the design is quite simple and kinda hard to f up.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

theholycow wrote:It would be $10 in any other store here, too. Harbor Freight sells a lot of the same awful cheezy Chinese garbage that other discount stores sell, at fair price.
Fixed. No need to spend twice as much for cheap crap. Harbor Freight does it right.