2009 MINI Cooper S

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
malteseracer
Junior Standardshifter

2009 MINI Cooper S

Post by malteseracer »

Picked mine up on the 31st of July, 2009. I'm 18 and this is my first car thats mine. I drove my dad's 1989 Buick (Codename the Beast) for about 2 months after getting my driver's license before I got the MINI.
The transmission was extremely user friendly for a new stick driver. When I test drove it I found the clutch to be a little bit shallower than I'd like but I really like it now. Shifts like a beauty and really has some go to it. It is easily as fast as anything in it's price range (I paid $25,200 before taxes and warranties.
Problems: Only one so far is the tweeters vibrating in the A pillars will be fixed by the dealers for free.
Comments: Go test drive one. You'll want one, I promise. If you do buy one, get the wheel and tire warranty for $900. I scraped up my $450 passenger side rim on a curb overgrown by grass that I couldn't see and it is going to be fixed or replaced free of charge. If you want to know anything else about it email me at maltesereacer@gmail.com. I'd be more than happy to tell you anything about it.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: 2009 MINI Cooper S

Post by watkins »

This isnt exactly a review, nor does it follow the correct format
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

how'd you afford this car at 18?

jesus, damn these kids nowadays with their large funds and whatnot
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

ever since the cooper s came out i've wanted one. so hot
carsncars
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 MINI Cooper

Post by carsncars »

Hey! From North American Motoring, right? Good luck with the learning of the stick. :) I should get a review of my Cooper up here some day.

As for "how can they afford it"--my scholarship covered a large part of the cost of the car. Day-to-day running costs are covered by savings from my highschool job. My parents picked up the tab on about 1/3 of it, because... well, because they don't have to pay for my education anymore, so I guess they thought they'd do something nice. :)
Evicatos
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

Post by Evicatos »

Damn. Back in my day we used things like scholarships for school!
Hello world.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

WELL THAT SHITS JUST CRAZY!?!?!?
carsncars
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 MINI Cooper

Post by carsncars »

Evicatos wrote:Damn. Back in my day we used things like scholarships for school!
Haha... that's the beauty of it. Scholarships covered tuition and "school-related costs". It all gets deposited into my student account, but the leftover comes out as a "refund cheque" at the end of the month... :? I never understood some of my other classmates. There's so much scholarship money out there... you just have to have decent grades and extracurricular, and be able to write a good essay.