BlackBerry 8900 Javelin

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
ihartmacz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Ford Mustang Coupe

Re: BlackBerry 8900 Javelin

Post by ihartmacz »

HTC > all
1998 Ford Mustang
3.8L V6 AKA "Essex"
"Hot Doritos"
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

watkins wrote:
ihartmacz wrote:The worst PHONE ever is anything made by Samsung
Fixed
Hay naw, I love my Samsung PDAs. I first had the SCH-i730 which I picked over the HTC 6700 and that i730 was rock solid. The HTC felt like it would fall apart. The i730 also had amazing reception, probably due to the fact that its battery was friggen huge and the antenna was as thick as a Sharpie and you could extend it. I finally had to get rid of it after 2 years because it had gotten pretty slow.

Then I got the SCH-i760 which I still have now. Overall, I'm as pleased with it as I was with the i730. It has some benefits over the i730 and some disadvantages. I love the sideways sliding keyboard over the vertical one on the i730, and the more robuts processor coupled with Windows Mobile 6.1 sweetens the deal. The reception is not even close to being as good as the i730 though, and I miss that. The HTC model I was also considering was the HTC 6800 but once again, the build quality of the HTC put me off so much. When you slid the i760, it felt confident. The 6800 felt like a toy that was going to fall apart.

I know the cheapie Samsungs aren't that great, but they make damn fine Windows Mobile PDAs.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Samsung is a leading company when it comes to making cell phones. Most of their phones have been nicely featured and very reliable., at least in my 5 years of experience. Motorolas always have more issues than them. Samsung also makes cellphone chipsets and circuit boards that other manufacturers use.

HTC is great but I am disappointed in the G1 hardware. It is made by HTC.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

I have a few quibbles, but by and large really like my Blackjack 2.
Zexel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2005 Scion tC RS 1.0

Post by Zexel »

Kinda sorta related: We just got the AT&T Curve 8900 at Best Buy Mobile and it's only $298 to buy outright with our employee discount. I kinda wanna get this now and sell my Bold! I'm usually in a WiFi area when I use my BlackBerry and even if I need to search the web for something, I use my iPhone, so 3G on my secondary phone isn't really necessary. And the size comparison is making me want to get it even more.

Decisions, decisions..
Driving stick since April 8th, 2008.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

wait, why do you need two phones, an iPhone and a crackberry? jw
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Zexel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2005 Scion tC RS 1.0

Post by Zexel »

For my job I call carrier's a lot and usually demo my own personal phones. So my iPhone is for personal calls, and the BlackBerry is for communicating with my coworkers(through BB Messanger) and calling carriers when I need to. We get a special plan agent plan that allows me to have two phones for the same price you pay for one. So why not?
Driving stick since April 8th, 2008.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

Ahhhh that makes sense
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff