Silver Screen: The haunting of Molly Hartley

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Silver Screen: The haunting of Molly Hartley

Post by AHTOXA »

This sounded like a promising movie when I saw a few trailers and what not.

Me and a few buds are bored on Friday night, so we head out to a local movie join to see the movies, as per one friend's random suggestion.

The movie starts out pretty good. There's a little bit of a feeling that this is going to be "pop out and yell" scary movie but the plot leans towards psych issues.

The girl Molly moves to a new place with her dad and enrolls in school. She wants to start a new life. When she was younger, her mother tried to kill her by stabbing her in the chest. As she enrolls in school, she starts having visions of seeing her mother, trying to kill her again, while the other is locked up at a metal institution on the other side of town. The movie progresses, she has more and more surreal flashbacks until one day, in fact her mother was trying to kill her. Mother was released from the hospital by a worked. Mother claims that when Molly was born prematurely at an airport (or some other public establishment, I do not recall exactly) a deal was made with the dark side to keep the child alive. The deal was that the child lives but comes over to the dark side when they are 18. The mother has tried to stop that and kill her before she turns 18.

Long story made short, her father ends up at the mental institution right after her b-day and Molly happily graduates from the new school with high honors along with her boyfriend, who is part of the dark side.

Well, the movie sucked to the utmost degree. It had good potential and really felt like the ending was rushed to just release the movie.

Do not go see it. 2/5
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650