My MK5 GTI is here!

All things photo, moving or not.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW GTI Mk. V

Post by Perpetuus »

eaglecatcher wrote:do they make fast shift knobs? I want to putone of them in my car. those things are soo cool.
Oh that would be nice, but I believe they only have golf ball shift knobs, at 200$ apiece though..

But hey, you could always make your own Fast shift knob;)
GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

The links to the pics weren't working before, but they should be fine now.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

The GTI looks great, Perpetuus. I haven't seen those wheels on one before. I usually see the wheels with the circular pattern.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

Warner wrote:The GTI looks great, Perpetuus. I haven't seen those wheels on one before. I usually see the wheels with the circular pattern.
The circular wheels are optional and are 18" instead of 17". On my GTI I just have the standard wheels. First I wanted the 18" too, but I guess the 17" are not that bad.
change81
Junior Standardshifter

Post by change81 »

welcome to the club~ :D
the 18s are really heavy, the 17s are a better choice...
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

*drools stupidly as I realize how nice those cars are* 8)
Sweet ride, man!

Officially added to the ever growing list of "Cars that I wish I could drive but probably never will". :wink:
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
change81
Junior Standardshifter

Post by change81 »

question to gti owners? when u were younger did you like station wagons? i did. i think that's why i like hatchbacks... cuz not many americans do... it has cargo space, but just doesnt take but enough of the road for them...

cuz everywhere else hatchback might be the most popular car. of course everywhere else has a population density and narrower roads but isn't that strange? that in europe and asia, hatchbacks are huge on the lower end market?
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

change81 wrote:welcome to the club~ :D
the 18s are really heavy, the 17s are a better choice...
actually, most people will say the 18s give the mk5 GTI a stiffer ride, heavier or not
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

change81 wrote:question to gti owners? when u were younger did you like station wagons? i did. i think that's why i like hatchbacks... cuz not many americans do... it has cargo space, but just doesnt take but enough of the road for them...

cuz everywhere else hatchback might be the most popular car. of course everywhere else has a population density and narrower roads but isn't that strange? that in europe and asia, hatchbacks are huge on the lower end market?
When it comes to wagons, I guess it depends on how well the design was executed. Wagons tend to be boxy (like the older Volvo wagons). If you look at wagons like the V50 Volvo though, I think they actually look pretty good. What bothers me though, are cars that don't look like wagons.. and don't look like hatchbacks either. The Protege5 was clearly a wagon, and even though it was mostly "boxy", it looked good. I can't say the same for the new Mazda3 wagon, it looks like a hatch-wagon.

Also, when in Europe I actually grew to like hatchbacks more. Perhaps hatchbacks look better in more densely populated places. Still, I have grown to like the hatchback look for the most part.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

Pictures after wash, clay, and three coats of wax- (done throughout three days)
It has been raining alot here during the day, so I opted for night time photography instead.

Enjoy! :D

Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Its too bad that the illumination of the street lamps makes the car look yellow. Try to find a moment of clear sky to snap a couple pics :) A nice shining day improves the looks of a white car by at least 10 folds :)
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

The GTI looks great, Perpetuus! The car is a straight white, correct? I was thinking a creme color would be interesting, just by the way the lighting is in the pictures.

Good wash n' wax job too! :D
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

Johnf514 wrote:The GTI looks great, Perpetuus! The car is a straight white, correct? I was thinking a creme color would be interesting, just by the way the lighting is in the pictures.

Good wash n' wax job too! :D
Oh yes, the car is straight white. The street lamp casted a yellowish glow on the car. I am looking forward to taking some more pictures today since the sun just came out. =)

edit: no more sunlight anymore..
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

More pics today. I am looking forward to firming up the ride and getting rid of the 4x4 look soon, still anxiously waiting for the hardware to be delivered- In about one more week I hope.

:P