My MK5 GTI is here!

All things photo, moving or not.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW GTI Mk. V

Re: My MK5 GTI is here!

Post by Perpetuus »

Haha, good catch. These are actually custom versions of the Ohlins that were available for my car. Ohlins didn't make a coilover setup for my car (just springs and dampers), so I bought a custom coilover conversion kit for these shocks.

Very expensive yes, but I've been in someone's car who had them, and they were extremely impressive!
GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

Got my side skirts painted and added a front lip and lower rear valence. Also, dual central exhaust!

GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

you still got the 07?? for some reason i thought you replaced it with a newer gti or R32 (probably mixing you up with someone else again) :?: :oops: :)

edit: mr. greek eh?? how is it?? the chain greek restaurants haven't made their way to potown yet; someday...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

potownrob wrote:you still got the 07?? for some reason i thought you replaced it with a newer gti or R32 (probably mixing you up with someone else again) :?: :oops: :)

edit: mr. greek eh?? how is it?? the chain greek restaurants haven't made their way to potown yet; someday...
Yep, still have the 07! The car doesn't get driven much, only 23K miles on it, haha.

Mr Greek is decent food. Very healthy and good value.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

I went out for a photoshoot with my car earlier this month. There was alot of fog everywhere, but I think the photos turned out great!

AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Can't see the photos.

Man, 23k since new is very little. Go out and enjoy that car a little more often.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

Can see the photos.

A little more underexposure than I'd really like. :)
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

I know, I really should drive the car more. I really think I spend much more time tinkering with it than driving it, haha.

Downpipe will be installed tonight.