My little SEAT Ibiza

All things photo, moving or not.
SteveUK
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2011 Ford Fiesta Zetec S

My little SEAT Ibiza

Post by SteveUK »

This is my car. (Well, it is if it works) The pictures were taken in the summer of 2006. I was going to take some more now, but it is far too cold, dark, wet and windy here to be doing that. Or as we like to call it winter!

The last two pictures show my rear fog light. They are from when someone asked what it looked like.

When it stops raining I will take better pictures.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

nice looking car. i like the interior, very clean and sleek.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
SteveUK
Master Standardshifter

Post by SteveUK »

I like it. It has driven to France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland and of course Wales.

It has a big car feel when driving, but fits in quite small spaces.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

I never really did get how rear foglights works :lol:
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

I believe the rear fog lights will let the driver behind you see your car easily in heavy fog so that they don't rear end you. The tail lights alone probably won't be bright enough in heavy fog.
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Post by PureLife »

Sypher wrote:I never really did get how rear foglights works :lol:
Nothing fancy. Just an extra 1 or 2 taillights (usually brighter than taillights) to help those behind you see you better in bad weather.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

That looks like a pretty sweet car. I'd love to move to London one day, but I'm not sure if I'd ever get rid of the "looking in the mirror" feeling of driving a RHD car. I do like europe much better than the US.

ok, that was somewhat offtopic

Anyways:

Nice car
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
SteveUK
Master Standardshifter

Post by SteveUK »

coolguy wrote:I believe the rear fog lights will let the driver behind you see your car easily in heavy fog so that they don't rear end you. The tail lights alone probably won't be bright enough in heavy fog.
That's right and must only be used if visabiltiy drops below 100 metres. They are either in pairs on a few cars but the majority of cars only have one on the offside of the vehicle. So on a RHD it will be on the right on a LHD car it will be on the left. If I were to move permanently to say France, I would have to change my rear light clusters and and swap them for ones with the foglight on the left.

They are a legal requirement through the entire EU and EEA therefore you have to have them. When I was in Boston last year I was looking for the rear fog light switch as it was foggy, but the hire car didn't have them.
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

wow, that is a very nice looking car. i wasn't expecting THAT when i read the title. the alloy rims make it look very sporty. the interior is nicely arranged and simple.

once again, very nice car
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Hyundai GenCoupe

Post by Draklen »

What's the orange cord for? It's mostly visible in the 2nd pic on the passenger side. Looks like a heavy duty extension cord. Anyways just curious. Very nice car.
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Post by Tinton »

SteveUK wrote:
coolguy wrote:I believe the rear fog lights will let the driver behind you see your car easily in heavy fog so that they don't rear end you. The tail lights alone probably won't be bright enough in heavy fog.
That's right and must only be used if visabiltiy drops below 100 metres. They are either in pairs on a few cars but the majority of cars only have one on the offside of the vehicle. So on a RHD it will be on the right on a LHD car it will be on the left. If I were to move permanently to say France, I would have to change my rear light clusters and and swap them for ones with the foglight on the left.

They are a legal requirement through the entire EU and EEA therefore you have to have them. When I was in Boston last year I was looking for the rear fog light switch as it was foggy, but the hire car didn't have them.
Is the foglight a requirement on cars manufactured and sold in the EU and EEA? I know people with Fieros in Germany, UK, Netherlands, and Spain and they all have the stock North American taillight clusters, and those cars have passed all the inspections over there. Is there an exemption for older cars or cars that were never sold in that region?

BTW, nice car. Kinda small though, lol.
HighlyEvolved
Senior Standardshifter

Post by HighlyEvolved »

nice car man! =P
When I posted my pics nobody really cared lol
Mine is left side drive tho and it's red.
'06 SEAT Ibiza
SteveUK
Master Standardshifter

Post by SteveUK »

Any car built after 1st April, 1980 must have at least one or a maximum of two rear fog lights. Cars built before this do not have to have them but it is strongly advised.

Also it is forbidden to have combined tail, brake and indicator lights. Tail and brake may be combined but indicators must be yellow in colour and therefore separate. The Ford Focus lights are an example of this. When sold in the EU they have combined tail and brake lights but separate yellow indicators. Yet in North America they are all in one.

As for the organge cord. It is actually red and the edging of the SEAT mats in the foot well.

It is quite sporty. When I have driven on the autobahns I have reached speeds of around 130mph.
HighlyEvolved
Senior Standardshifter

Post by HighlyEvolved »

Draklen wrote:What's the orange cord for? It's mostly visible in the 2nd pic on the passenger side. Looks like a heavy duty extension cord. Anyways just curious. Very nice car.
lol I belive those are just car mats with an orange outline
'06 SEAT Ibiza
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Civic Si (FG2)

Post by NjSi »

^ lol yup