Post your desktop!

All things photo, moving or not.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Re: Post your desktop!

Post by six »

Chris H. wrote:I wanna do this to my Toshiba
Here are the steps... there are quite a few. Do them all, then restart your computer.
  • Right-click on desktop > Personalize > Display (on the lower left corner).
  • Go to "Adjust ClearType text" on the left.
  • Uncheck "Turn on ClearType" then proceed through the wizard (doesn't matter which selections you pick).
  • Go back to Personalize > Window Color > Advanced color settings. Go through each item and change every instance of Segoe UI to Tahoma, size 8. Active and Inactive title bars should be Trebuchet MS.
  • Click on Start [ORB] > Type "regedit" and press Enter.
  • Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]. Open each "Segoe UI" key and delete the value from each.
  • Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]. Create a new String Value named "Segoe UI" (without quotes) and put "MS Sans Serif" (without quotes) as the value.
  • Close RegEdit.
  • Restart your PC and enjoy!
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

six wrote:
Chris H. wrote:I wanna do this to my Toshiba
Here are the steps... there are quite a few. Do them all, then restart your computer.
  • Right-click on desktop > Personalize > Display (on the lower left corner).
  • Go to "Adjust ClearType text" on the left.
  • Uncheck "Turn on ClearType" then proceed through the wizard (doesn't matter which selections you pick).
  • Go back to Personalize > Window Color > Advanced color settings. Go through each item and change every instance of Segoe UI to Tahoma, size 8. Active and Inactive title bars should be Trebuchet MS.
  • Click on Start [ORB] > Type "regedit" and press Enter.
  • Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]. Open each "Segoe UI" key and delete the value from each.
  • Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]. Create a new String Value named "Segoe UI" (without quotes) and put "MS Sans Serif" (without quotes) as the value.
  • Close RegEdit.
  • Restart your PC and enjoy!
Thanks a lot - NOT! I tried it and my PC came up with the blue screen of death and now I can't even send this reply. This is like having the car all torn apart and finding you need to use the car to get an unexpectedly needed part so you can use the car again - Circular Tragic. What's next, a hole in my bucket?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Chris H.

Post by Chris H. »

1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

Ew, it's a Honda.
six
Master Standardshifter

Post by six »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Thanks a lot - NOT! I tried it and my PC came up with the blue screen of death and now I can't even send this reply. This is like having the car all torn apart and finding you need to use the car to get an unexpectedly needed part so you can use the car again - Circular Tragic. What's next, a hole in my bucket?
You were just changing font settings, it shouldn't have given you BSOD. Boot up your computer and keep pressing the F8 key before the Windows 7 splash comes up. Go to "Last Known Good Configuration" and press the Enter key. It should boot up fine, and the font settings you modified should be undone. If it doesn't than it wasn't related to the changes you did, and you should next try to boot to Safe Mode. If successful, use System Restore to restore your computer to sometime last week. If it STILL doesn't fix your problem, or it doesn't boot to Safe Mode, something is wrong with the hardware or a system file got corrupted somehow.
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

/mercfanboy
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

six wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:Thanks a lot - NOT! I tried it and my PC came up with the blue screen of death and now I can't even send this reply. This is like having the car all torn apart and finding you need to use the car to get an unexpectedly needed part so you can use the car again - Circular Tragic. What's next, a hole in my bucket?
You were just changing font settings, it shouldn't have given you BSOD. Boot up your computer and keep pressing the F8 key before the Windows 7 splash comes up. Go to "Last Known Good Configuration" and press the Enter key. It should boot up fine, and the font settings you modified should be undone. If it doesn't than it wasn't related to the changes you did, and you should next try to boot to Safe Mode. If successful, use System Restore to restore your computer to sometime last week. If it STILL doesn't fix your problem, or it doesn't boot to Safe Mode, something is wrong with the hardware or a system file got corrupted somehow.
Sari, Eye shudda bean mower sarcastic. Eye thought "I can't even send this reply" wood do it.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
six
Master Standardshifter

Post by six »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
six wrote:
Sari, Eye shudda bean mower sarcastic. Eye thought "I can't even send this reply" wood do it.
Oh LOL :lol:

I thought you used another PC to send the reply. It's perfectly logical, no? :)
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Chris H.

Post by Chris H. »

1974Alfa5spd wrote:Ew, it's a Honda.

Says the Mercedes Freak. :P
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Old Mercs are better than Hondas. New Mercs suck balls.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

New Si Civics look fugly. New Mercs look fugly as well. The new Civic coming out is hideous and they are giving me more reason to go towards the Mazda family. Yeah yeah. The smile is a little OD, but I'd rock a 2 or a 3Speed in a heartbeat.
Last edited by FDSpirit on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Old cars > New cars

Done.
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

I love the Mazda6. It's like a Nissan Altima but better because it's not as fat in the ass and is actually well made.
Chris H.

Post by Chris H. »

Hey, TBH, I didn't change my wallpaper to the Honda. My friend did.

I've changed it.

I like the Mustang. (Except the late 70s/early 80s model).