hello all

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Re: hello all

Post by Johnf514 »

Welcome to the site! :mrgreen:

I got a $300 speeding ticket in a Saturn - they have some serious get up and go. ;)
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

c/d says the astra is too slow but they like the dash even though it's really ugly :? .
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
s4turn
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2001 Saturn SL-1

Post by s4turn »

the astra ugly!? UGLY!? you have to be blind not to look at that dash and exterior and drool, and the car slow?????????? with a 5 speed i doubt it, we have the top spec petrol engine. i think those guys need to lay of the corvettes lol. and i bet that saturn you got a ticket in was def not and SOHC (sl1 or sc1). maybe a ion red line?? or an sc2?? i can barely get the thing on the motorway without blowing the engine up :lol:
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

astra is ugly. its a gay looking hatchback with the tailgate at way too steep of an angle (proper hatches should have a much steeper hatch like a golf or an EF hatch) and it got the srt4 stance and its a mile up in the air, and its a GM.

i swear reading what you say is like listening to jeremy clarkson talking, then i remember your a brit lol :handface:
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
s4turn
Junior Standardshifter

Post by s4turn »

well hes been known to hate vauxhalls :lol: but i can agree with jeremy on that one i think the car is beautiful. your entitled to your own opinion, and keep in mind my saturn now is also GM, and despite the fact that it sucks, it hasnt given me many problems :wink: and define "gay" for me. does that mean if i drive one im instantly "gay"? i dont know if I should be taking that advice from a guy who drives a PROBE :D

....you have to admit its easy to make probe jokes
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

i'm sorry.i'm having issues figuring out what an "astra" is...could you post one? then i'll tell you whether tis ugly or not....
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Astra

Doesn't look too bad. It reminds me of a Focus.

wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

i got it confuzed w/ the van...astro. oops. i swear, i'm fine, just a bit tired, long first day of work.

thanks for clarification

you're right, it does look like focus a bit.

i dunno, i think i like it. ask me when i'm awake.

Crafting and stuff
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Post by Bawked »

i don't like it :? but then again i don't like econoboxes... each to their own....
<3 fwd
Werty
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 09 Mazda3

Post by Werty »

s4turn wrote:the astra ugly!? UGLY!? you have to be blind not to look at that dash and exterior and drool
I liked the exterior look (the 5dr, haven't seen the 3dr in person), but the interior is a mess. There are way too many small buttons for the sound system and the temperature controls are too low down. I ended up using the steering wheel controls the whole time :) Driving on the opposite side again I wanted to be paying attention :)
s4turn
Junior Standardshifter

Post by s4turn »

:lol: :lol: :lol: well all legitimate qualms but still, what can a college-student-to-be really afford other than econoboxes? I really am not a fan of them either but still. Ive been looking into getting myself a used Saturn SC2 stick and just buying the whole thing outright, how does this look? http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... cardist=45

Well, its not really a manual, i want a manual, but i cant seem to find any. Umm you guys have any suggestions for a used car thats gonna be reliable for around 8 grand?
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

for 8 grand you can have anything you want
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

s4turn wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: well all legitimate qualms but still, what can a college-student-to-be really afford other than econoboxes? I really am not a fan of them either but still. Ive been looking into getting myself a used Saturn SC2 stick and just buying the whole thing outright, how does this look? http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... cardist=45

Well, its not really a manual, i want a manual, but i cant seem to find any. Umm you guys have any suggestions for a used car thats gonna be reliable for around 8 grand?
when looking at autotrader, don't look at cars at dealerships posted cars. they are almost always overpriced. try looking for private sellers, go to their house, test drive the car, and buy it for a couple of grand less than what they'd sell it to you at a used car dealership

i paid $3k less for my car from a private seller that i found on autotrader than what the dealer wanted for it :D
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

can you like shorten your link? kthxbai

Crafting and stuff
s4turn
Junior Standardshifter

Post by s4turn »

well buying from a private seller would require me to privately sell my car because i cant trade it in :lol: but i was thinking bout that anyway. how do you deal with loans and such when selling your car privately? or buying one from a private seller? oh and wannabe i didnt realize long links bothered you that much :lol: ill keep that in mind for future posts :roll: