Whats up

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
chris642
Junior Standardshifter

Whats up

Post by chris642 »

hey, you got a new guy here. My street ride is a 98 isuzu Amigo 4x4 3.2 V6 5 speed. I laugh everytime i see the big word "AMIGO" on the back!! All in all i like the car, its quick for what it is, it does what i need it to also!(tows my toys!)

Now to my real pride and joy, my banshee!!

I have done alot of work on this bike, yes, its fast! Im gonna be getting new shocks and a arms soon, its to fast for the stock suspension!! for those who dont know its a 350cc twin, 6 speed. I have had many dirtbikes in the past(RM 250, KX125, etc) and they all come and go, i will never even consider selling my banshee, they are the funnest things around!! Anyway, thats what i have, ill be posting here from time to time so i figured i would introduce myself!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

nice ride, it is basically just a chopped off rodeo I guess? The trim looks pretty good also. How well does it run? for 4k you paid for it, judging by the sticker, it looks awesome.
chris642
Junior Standardshifter

Post by chris642 »

basically thats what it is, its the same as the rodeo except smaller and it has that convertable back. Actually, my dad owns a used car dealership and picked this up at an auction. On the way home with it he was thinking how good of a car it would be for what i wanted and i took it off him. In the end it cost $2800 :D all that was wrong was a cracked windshield which i just had fixed for $150!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

wow, what a steal. I need to go check out local car auctions for my first car and get a deal like that.
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Well done! Welcome to the site! :D

I guess you can really call your car your "friend." :lol: :wink:
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
papyrus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Mazda3

Post by papyrus »

Nice ride! I like that rust color on almost every car I see. The wood trim is very nice as well. :)
from now on, we'll take 'here' to mean 'here i am, rock you like a hurricane.' mooninites ftw!
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

Welcome to the site, chris! I like your street ride, especially the interior trim. 8)

Sweet bike, too! I'd love to take something like that out to central VA where my grandparents live...

eaglecatcher, I've been with a friend to a few car auctions before.. As long as you take a few G's you should be able to get a pretty decent ride. In most cases, it doesn't cost anything to attend, and some places even serve free burgers or what not for lunch. It could be worth looking into...
hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

welcome to the site :D that banshee looks hella fun!
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

nice rides. I wonder how fun/fast it would be if you shove a hyabusa engine in there :D :twisted:
89-4Runner
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 89-4Runner »

Sup man, I like your truck. I enjoy seeing other MT suv owners on the site. It looks like it was well taken care of.
1989 Toyota 4Runner
236,000+ miles
3.0L V6 5spd 4x4
Runs like a Champ
j_ortiz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '05 Toyota ECHO, '97 Terc

!

Post by j_ortiz »

I have a married couple that are friends of mine who own a manual Isuzu Amigo and wouldn't change it for anything else for now!! This suv is a good selection - too bad Isuzu self-limited itself to a few models, many of them derivatives of GM bodies and powertrains.
[A] passenger asked the driver, "Why do you have to keep moving that stick?" - HM :)
Coupe31705
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Coupe31705 »

So i have this friend, where i usedto live, and his cousin had a really small atv...like 90cc's or so that he started out on. At this point he was like 16/17, and he asked his dad if he could get a Banshee. His dad told him that if the one he had broke, and it cost more than it was worth to fix, he'd buy him a new banshee. So, the kid went out into a big field the next day on his little 90cc and put it in neutral :twisted: he ran it wide open in neutral until his engine blew. The next week his dad went to the nearest yamaha dealer and bought him a banshee like he promised.
Wanna give me insurance $$$?
julian
Senior Standardshifter

Post by julian »

Do I see two (2) shifters in that truck? what's the second one for?
And it's half past four and I'm shifting gear...
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

julian wrote:Do I see two (2) shifters in that truck? what's the second one for?
4 wheel drive i believe
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
tobigooddog

Post by tobigooddog »

yeah...the beautiful Amigo...that's another cool car we don't get in Canada

So how do the two shifters work? I remember the automatic rental Grand Vitara in Dominican had a second stick, I didn't know what it was for.