Hey!

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
scion_xA
Senior Standardshifter

Post by scion_xA »

My girlfriend's dad has a 5-speed Beetle. I doubt he'd let me drive it. But her mom did offer me to drive it before I knew how to drive manual. Now that I know I probobly won't be able to drive it lol
2006 Scion xA
Mods: TRD Short Shifter
GreddyGirl
Junior Standardshifter

Post by GreddyGirl »

Its a very easy car to drive, shifts very easily. :D

Cute hands :lol: thanks
Tiamat
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Tiamat »

Hihi! It's great to see another girl here. Adorable car!
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

I have made a BIG fool of myself by TRIPLE (yes TRIPLE!) posting. Browser was acting up and I am on 56k so....
And now the 'x' on the all the posts have diappeared.
Can a moderator help me with this?
Do not try to find 3rd, for you may not always reach it. Just go up and let it reach you!
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

magnus_1986 wrote:I have made a BIG fool of myself by TRIPLE (yes TRIPLE!) posting. Browser was acting up and I am on 56k so....
All fixed!
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

Thanks, John. Much appreciated (no really)
Do not try to find 3rd, for you may not always reach it. Just go up and let it reach you!
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

magnus_1986 wrote:I have made a BIG fool of myself by TRIPLE (yes TRIPLE!) posting. Browser was acting up and I am on 56k so....
Yea, it wasn't just you... It happen to me too yesterday.. hit the submit button, didnt submit, then hit it 2 more times, and fianally submitted with 3 submissions LOL... Luckey I cought the error :P
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

on web apps, once you hit the submit button, it has begun processing the action on the server side. if you hit submit X times, you will get the post X times. the problem is that the server was running REALLY slow yesterday, so after you hit submit and expect it to say it is posted, but you're still looking at the screen where you wrote the post, you think it hasn't submitted and try again. actually what happens is that the first time you hit submit, the server begins processing the post. the browser waits for the response from the server to send you to the next page. but the response was taking forever to come back. once submit is hit, nothing you do in your browser will stop the server from processing, so in a situation like that, after hitting submit, just make sure the browser is spinning (the logo at the top) and be patient. it should eventually take you to the next page. if instead it comes back with an error (probably a timeout), check to see if the post is there or not before trying again. knowing the inner workings of web apps helps to avoid things like this :D ;)
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

h hhh hih hh.... :roll: Hi, How Are... You?
OHH shit! I did it
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

jomotopia wrote:on web apps, once you hit the submit button, it has begun processing the action on the server side. if you hit submit X times, you will get the post X times. the problem is that the server was running REALLY slow yesterday, so after you hit submit and expect it to say it is posted, but you're still looking at the screen where you wrote the post, you think it hasn't submitted and try again. actually what happens is that the first time you hit submit, the server begins processing the post. the browser waits for the response from the server to send you to the next page. but the response was taking forever to come back. once submit is hit, nothing you do in your browser will stop the server from processing, so in a situation like that, after hitting submit, just make sure the browser is spinning (the logo at the top) and be patient. it should eventually take you to the next page. if instead it comes back with an error (probably a timeout), check to see if the post is there or not before trying again. knowing the inner workings of web apps helps to avoid things like this :D ;)
yea, I knew that was the way it works, but yesterday the server was slow, plus teh fact that my internect connection is f'king up real bad lately, so I wasnt sure if it was the server or my connection.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

i like your new sig Sypher :lol:
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

jomotopia wrote:i like your new sig Sypher :lol:
Thx :D I'm glad someone notices :D
CaliforniaZX
Senior Standardshifter

Post by CaliforniaZX »

Welcome to standardshift.com

I am the regular comic relief and Mr. Charming

I saw your hands in the photo, very cute
real. fricken. slick.

Time to go spend some time with Palmena Handerson and Rosie palms, Magnus. They're jealous of your comment.

:wink:

Oh and welcome to SS. We do shifting right.
Long Live.

jcprov21
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer RA

Post by jcprov21 »

Congrats on moving from auto world to manual, you will never regret it.
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

CaliforniaZX wrote:Time to go spend some time with Palmena Handerson and Rosie palms, Magnus. They're jealous of your comment.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm