first post (nor cal)

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
used2xb
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2011 G37 IPL

first post (nor cal)

Post by used2xb »

so, i opened this account like a year ago when i got a new 2011 G37 IPL 6MT. some may scoff at Infiniti's IPL stab. yeah, it's "specialness" is a bit underwhelming, but i still like it for the factory extras that would otherwise have been an aftermarket effort.

i actually first found this site back in 2005 when i got back on the stick shift train with an xB. that car is deceptively spacious, yet gets into some surprisingly small parking spaces.

first stick was actually my dad's 86 civic si hatch. didn't really appreciate having to learn stick at the time, but at least it got me started. i could get where i was going, but didn't have any idea about the mechanics, so i basically rode my clutch on downshifts (bad). never occurred to me to rev match. it wasn't until i got the xB where i really started learning that stuff - which this site definitely helped out with. now, i double clutch/rev match all my downshifts.

anyway, super late intro. and thanks for all the past passive help i got from the site!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: first post (nor cal)

Post by AHTOXA »

Hey, welcome!
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: first post (nor cal)

Post by tankinbeans »

Welcome! I've learned madly good habits by reading, and lurking around.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!