Good to find this site

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
Stelcom66
Senior Standardshifter

Re: Good to find this site

Post by Stelcom66 »

Thanks - my company Jeep Patriot is a CVT with a manual shift mode. I've used the manual mode a few times - there are actually 6 steps or ranges in the CVT transmission. I could not get it to shift into the 6th (not really gear - range?) unless I put the lever back in D. I had 2 Honda Accords with 5 speed manuals. They've always made a great shifting transmission - meaning easy and smooth for us to shift. Some companies are no longer offering manuals on their premium models. I wonder why - is it that much more complicated or more cost effective on the assembly line not to?

Yesterday I was looking for inexpensive pickup trucks online. I can't get one yet since as I currently don't have a good place to park it but one caught me eye - a 1990 Ford F150 with the 4.9L straight 6 - or back in the day known as the 300ci 6 - with a 5-speed manual. My neighbor had one of those for years. It's so rare even finding a used truck with a manual.
2007 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2.7L 5MT
2002 Chevy Silverado LS 4x4 4AT