New from Jersey

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: New from Jersey

Post by Shadow »

Jastreb wrote:

Yes, but
Yeah, that's true. The only way to get the V8 sound in an A5 is to do an engine swap! LOL.

That's okay with me though....I'm at a point in my life where I actually like a quiet exhaust. I must be getting old. I used to LOVE running a super loud exhaust on my old V8 Mustangs. The only time it bothered me was on a long highway trip (like driving to the Jersey shore) where the drone would just get on my nerves after a while.
threeseven
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2012 Mustang

Post by threeseven »

drone is my pet peeve.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

threeseven wrote:drone is my pet peeve.
Yeah, it is really annoying. Unfortunately, there are very few aftermarket exhaust systems that don't have drone at a certain RPM. My old Mustang had tons of it right at 2,000 RPM, so I always tried to avoid driving at that RPM for a long time.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Welcome!

I'm still a n00b, but I learned with a friend's 98 Mustang GT. He had it straight-piped so the loud petal was louder than most. It was a beast.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Fit4Fun
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Fit4Fun »

The Mustang was the iconic hot car of the 1960's. My boomer cousin who lives in Atlanta has 3 of them--all standard shift of course! His daily driver, his Shelby garage queen, and an old model he is restoring. I sure wouldn't want his insurance bill!
2012 Honda Fit 5MT!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Bienvenido!!
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.