New from the northeast

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

New from the northeast

Post by bk7794 »

Hey, just discovered this forum around google. Really like it, gotta read around a bit more and try some tips.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: New from the northeast

Post by AHTOXA »

Howdy.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Welcome! What do you drive?
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

welcome from upstate ny!! let's see pics of that whip of yours!! :) :o :wink: :mrgreen:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

Wow I forogot I even made this post way back then it seems.

Just incase anyone is still wondering I drive a 91 civic sedan. (Stock)
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

I thought you had the hatchback??
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

potownrob wrote:I thought you had the hatchback??
I hope I did not type hatch in my other post. :oops: If I did I apologize. haha Been a few long weeks :D
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote:
I hope I did not type hatch in my other post. :oops: If I did I apologize. haha Been a few long weeks :D
I think I just assumed and was picturing you driving a hatch. I think you said it was a DX and had a sunroof and i was thinking something like "hmmm...i thought only the EX had a moonroof but maybe the older Civics offered them on the lower models, plus there's no EX hatch..." Either way, nice whip (newer Hondas have lost the cool feeling of the older ones btw).
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

When people start talking about Civics, I think hatch until told otherwise...it's like the default Civic or something.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

theholycow wrote:When people start talking about Civics, I think hatch until told otherwise...it's like the default Civic or something.
well, it used to be the default civic, til they stopped offering it here (or only as the half-ass Si)
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

potownrob wrote:
bk7794 wrote:
I think I just assumed and was picturing you driving a hatch. I think you said it was a DX and had a sunroof and i was thinking something like "hmmm...i thought only the EX had a moonroof but maybe the older Civics offered them on the lower models, plus there's no EX hatch..." Either way, nice whip (newer Hondas have lost the cool feeling of the older ones btw).
Man I keep forgetting about this thread...Your correct about that. I love how "alive" it feels, even if its a base model, I still feel the tires rolling over the crappy, cheap pavement and it just sticking it in those corners. Thats why I love the 2006-2011 si's. I hear that they feel "alive", I wonder about the new 2012s...they kind of interest me.

I need to get my good picture that I made in a photography class. It looks sweet. Maybe I will get it this Friday.

And nah, no sunroof, no tach, not power steering (love it), and no A/C. It is so nice working on the car, especially when I changed my rad and such. So clutter free.
Looks just like that, but is blue, and no pin striping...the bad: the paint is fading on the hood...the car was hit a few times and the guys who repainted it must have used a cheap paint, and the typical rust. I actually figured out why mine rusted so bad. There is a rubber strip that holds moisture/dirt in.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

i always liked the looks of that model. always amazing how much more room they have inside than you'd think looking at the tiny car. the rubber pieces holding water and causing rust is common with the rear wheelwells on a lot of hondas. my 96 accord had no rust there since a previous owner had removed the rubber pieces. did you get to look at the WV pics??
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

potownrob wrote:i always liked the looks of that model. always amazing how much more room they have inside than you'd think looking at the tiny car. the rubber pieces holding water and causing rust is common with the rear wheelwells on a lot of hondas. my 96 accord had no rust there since a previous owner had removed the rubber pieces. did you get to look at the WV pics??
Yeah I hope to find a newer civic around here sometime soon....I really want to stay away from the 2001 to 2005 because I heard headgaskets were common on those.

Yes I did. They were awesome! West Virginia has to be one of the most rugged states in that area.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

I hate the new Si Civics. I've always been one for older cars though. I drove one and it was okay, but it didn't feel nearly as nice to drive as mine. If you get a chance, you should at least test drive one. Oh well. At least they're 6 speeds :lol: .
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

FDSpirit wrote:I hate the new Si Civics. I've always been one for older cars though. I drove one and it was okay, but it didn't feel nearly as nice to drive as mine. If you get a chance, you should at least test drive one. Oh well. At least they're 6 speeds :lol: .
Which one a 2012 or a EM1. I really love the EM1s...heck I am just looking at a DX years 96-00 cause I like that body style so much.

For the new Si's, I think its good that they got the power, and I even like the looks. But I heard all of the character is gone. Was that true?