Hi everyone...

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: Hi everyone...

Post by Shadow »

I guess that's why they don't stock MT cars....because they are difficult to sell. I've had a few salesmen tell me that I have to order one if I want one. But then I tell them that I have to drive it to make sure I like it before I order it. So we're stuck in a catch-22 situation.
JusCruzin
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 BMW E90 M3

Post by JusCruzin »

I just can't believe there isn't a single 6MT A5 near Manhattan available for a test drive. I can certainly believe that your local dealer isn't going to help you locate it, because they're not going to want to obtain it for you unless they are certain you are going to buy. Very annoying. Best advice I can give is try calling every local dealer to see what they have.

As a last resort, try the forums on Audiworld or 6speedonline to see if anyone in your area would be willing to let you drive their A5. Sounds strange, I know, but it's actually not so strange from the standpoint of the fanboys who favor those sites. You may end up getting responses from guys with heavily modified cars, but at least you will have tried the car in person.

FWIW, they told me the wait for a factory ordered car from Audi is about 3 months.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

tell the salesman at the dealership that you are hitlers descendant and if you dont get the audi you want you will reign nazi zombies on his house.
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

LHOswald wrote:tell the salesman at the dealership that you are hitlers descendant and if you dont get the audi you want you will reign nazi zombies on his house.
He might not believe you but he'll probably do it anyway just to be on the safe side.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Wilkommen en SS!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

shadow, you may have better luck if you try a dealer further north in westchester. the eastchester dealer looks to have several A4s, S4s and a couple of S5s in manual:
http://cars.audiusa.com/408A01-classic- ... chester-ny

greetings from poughkeepsie,
potownrob :P
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

JusCruzin wrote:...Where do you live that you cannot find a dealer with an [manual] A5 on the lot? It is a hot selling car but I saw plenty of them at a couple dealerships in southern California.
manual transmissions are not popular in and around NYC :| :cry: :lol: :evil:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

potownrob wrote:shadow, you may have better luck if you try a dealer further north in westchester. the eastchester dealer looks to have several A4s, S4s and a couple of S5s in manual:
http://cars.audiusa.com/408A01-classic- ... chester-ny

greetings from poughkeepsie,
potownrob :P

I was finally able find a manual in northern NJ. I ended up ordering a new car from the factory. I'm still waiting patiently for it to arrive. They tell me it is being built right now and I should have it mid-June.