What's uuuupppp?

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Re: What's uuuupppp?

Post by FDSpirit »

Nice car :) . Minis are awesome.
LHOswald wrote: i love mini coopers btw. no idea why, and all my friends think im retarded (another one of my favorites is the miata. don't know how many gay jokes have been thrown around after i spilled that one) but i love light cars with quick (4cyl) engines.
I'd drive a Miata without any hesitation. I saw a MILF driving one and we had a long conversation about her car. Old gen one with the weird Mazda logo.
ElectroGhandi wrote:Awwh man, you shouldda got a Suzuki SX4 because it's "Mighti0r than teh Minneh"
Last edited by FDSpirit on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
AKai47
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 MINI Cooper

Post by AKai47 »

I had never even heard of a Suzuki SX4 until that comment. I googled it and it doesn't look too bad really... but I still love my MINI more. :-P

My aunt has a '91 Miata. It's nice :) Too cramped for me though. Never driven one so I can't judge performance.

And thanks again! :) You guys rock. Now to venture onto some other threads...
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

michigan has minis........theres one for sale on a road i frequent....wtf r u talking abouT?????
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

DID SOMEONE MENTION MIATAS?

I HEART ME SOME MIATAS
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

wannabe wrote:michigan has minis........theres one for sale on a road i frequent....wtf r u talking abouT?????
I said they are rare there, not that they don't exist, and I'm comparing their prevalence to San Francisco. You see one on a road that's for sale; there are at least five parked on my block right now. I'm not going to look up statistics to prove the obvious, and I don't want to internet fight over this, but fact is there aren't many Mini dealers in Michigan, and thus not many Mini Coopers. My mom had to travel quite a ways to purchase hers, while you can't throw a rock in southeastern Michigan without hitting a Ford/GM/Chrysler dealership (though half are now closed). Make sense?
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

paul34 wrote:I'd assume SF is full of Prii, Minis, Yarises, and Foci, and then plenty of Vespae as well. Which makes eggwich the c-c-combo breaker, which I like.
Nope, just Prii and SUVs.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

1974Alfa5spd wrote:
paul34 wrote:I'd assume SF is full of Prii, Minis, Yarises, and Foci, and then plenty of Vespae as well. Which makes eggwich the c-c-combo breaker, which I like.
Nope, just Prii and SUVs.
Do they get along? :lol: . The SUV folk here don't seem to like little cars.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

and beetles...i remeber that much...we had to ban slugging each other...
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

Love all your pluralizations except for 'Yarises'. I humbly submit 'Yares'.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

RITmusic2k wrote:
Love all your pluralizations except for 'Yarises'. I humbly submit 'Yares'.
If Prius is Prii, Focus is Foci, then Yaris ought to be Yari (despite having a different vowel in print, it is pronounced the same).
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

I'll never understand how Japanese people came up with "Corolla"...unless they were trying to make a "Corora".

Ok, really, I'm pretty sure that name was a derivative of their "Corona", but you'd think they'd have chosen something they could pronounce. :P
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

theholycow wrote:I'll never understand how Japanese people came up with "Corolla"
Wikipedia wrote:The name Corolla is part of Toyota's naming tradition of using the name Crown for primary models: the Corona, for example, gets its name from the Latin for crown; Corolla is Latin for small crown; and Camry is an Anglicized pronunciation of the Japanese for crown, kanmuri.
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

paul34 wrote:fascinating (seriously). thanks for doing the research, now I know and can add it to my library of useless knowledge i bore people with.
I LOVE DOING THIS. Also, my local bar started doing trivia nights, which is a great outlet for all the ridiculous crap jammed up in the noggin. You should look for one in your area if you feel you need an outlet every once in a while :lol:
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

My friend knows way too much stuff concerning TV shows/movies. I've started doing this without even knowing it. I know an actor/actress and then start naming off stuff they've been in. Our bar has trivia night. I've contemplated going, but parking around there is ridiculous.
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

I think it's time to start a "Useless Trivia" thread. :lol: