Hai all

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
ihartmacz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Ford Mustang Coupe

Re: Hai all

Post by ihartmacz »

LHOswald wrote:we got fun and games
We got everything you want, Honey we know the names.
1998 Ford Mustang
3.8L V6 AKA "Essex"
"Hot Doritos"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

...etc, the rest of the song...

You know where you are? You're in standarshift.com baby! You're gonna driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIiIIIiiiIIIIIve!
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

Danger_Ranger wrote:Ah good point, I completely forgot to get any interior pics, I'll do that tomorrow actually. Actually its hard for me to guage the clutch only because I've never driven another stick before. It does seem fairly heavy once it reaches the friction point though. The only thing that I would theoretically change is maybe add a little low end torque to the engine or a 6 speed with a lower 1st gear, only because getting going from a stop is a pretty delicate process and involves some rpms. But otherwise I love my truck and the 25 mpg it gives me :D

Don't get me wrong, gotta love the little Mazda Mazda's too
the clutch on my truck is literally about 2 times stronger than the gas pedal, which if you've ever touched a gas pedal, you'd know that its ridiculously light. i get 25 mpg in my truck too, but getting going from a standstill is no problem for me at all. and i never launch over 1000 unless its on a hill

i've stalled the truck once on this GIGANTIC hill. well not really gigantic. it was about 20 feet long but at a 30-35º angle, and right when its about to smooth back out to make it easy to launch, is a stop sign. this hill is so mean it makes automatics roll back (i've seen em do it). the worse thing is, is that its at a roundabout, and the road is at a right angle, and the road that this hell hill is connected to the other road is right at the peak of the 90º angle. so you have to floor the gas, dump the clutch, as your looking at (not your left and your right) your back left and your back right. god i'll never go down that street again.