hello 14 year old from NY

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Re: hello 14 year old from NY

Post by noob5,000,000 »

watkins wrote:
comingbackdown wrote:Either way, I'm going to own one.
I dont think you should ever be allowed to own a lethal weapon.
I disagree. In fact, I'd suggest he (and everyone else on earth) buy the box set
http://www.amazon.com/Lethal-Weapon-Com ... B00000G3PL

Welcome to StandardShift, OP. The above is to be expected in every thread, including intro and technical threads.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

^That's a gay Mortal Kombat theme

Sega Genesis or go home
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

noob5,000,000 wrote:^That's a gay Mortal Kombat theme

Sega Genesis or go home
subzero > all
FREE ROMAN!
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

watkins wrote:
comingbackdown wrote:Either way, I'm going to own one.
I dont think you should ever be allowed to own a lethal weapon.
And exactly why do you say that?

If somebody breaks into my house at 3 in the morning and they know the house isn't empty, they are not coming in to steal anything. They are likely coming to cause permanent bodily harm or death. We are granted a right to life, and if someone is trying to kill me, and it's me or them, I'm not going to let anyone kill me. Plain and simple.

Oh, and as far as lethal weapons, I already own many. I guarantee you, I can turn nearly anything into a lethal weapon.

So, why shouldn't I own a lethal weapon?
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Have you ever read one of your posts? Everything you say either involves far too much forethought about how exactly you plan to kill someone, or next to no thought about the consequences of your actions. Youre impulsive and inexperienced. You lack the self control.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter

Post by comingbackdown »

watkins wrote:Have you ever read one of your posts? Everything you say either involves far too much forethought about how exactly you plan to kill someone, or next to no thought about the consequences of your actions. Youre impulsive and inexperienced. You lack the self control.
I lack self-control?

I've been in situations where I've had the option to defend myself? You know what? I didn't.
You know what else? Taking a human life is the biggest decision anyone could ever have to make.
It's no small matter. You THINK I lack the self-control... But in situations where I could've opened up and legally beaten somebody bloody, I did not.

You don't know me well enough to know my level of self-control...

Sorry if I sound like an ass, but the side of me you see on the internet doesn't give you a whole lot of insight.
Furthermore, if I wind up in a situation where it's kill or be killed, it's better if I know what I'm going to do and stand prepared to do it.

Whether you know it or not, I ALWAYS consider the consequences of my actions thoroughly. Just because you don't see me doing it doesn't mean it won't happen. I know every bit of law I need to on self-defense, reasonable and excessive force, etc. In the dojo, we were required to discuss the ramifications of actions of self-defense across the board, from a simple counterstrike to taking a human life.

I've been thinking about that question for three years, and have no qualms about taking someone out if they're out to cause harm to myself, or any other innocent, and that includes you, as you are an innocent human being.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you don't know me well enough to make that judgement.
Furthermore, what I say on the internet doesn't mean jack shit. I'm a lot more of a sensible person than anyone realizes.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

watkins wrote:Have you ever read one of your posts? Everything you say either involves far too much forethought about how exactly you plan to kill someone, or next to no thought about the consequences of your actions. Youre impulsive and inexperienced. You lack the self control.
+1
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

comingbackdown wrote:
I lack self-control?

I've been in situations where I've had the option to defend myself? You know what? I didn't.
You know what else? Taking a human life is the biggest decision anyone could ever have to make.
It's no small matter. You THINK I lack the self-control... But in situations where I could've opened up and legally beaten somebody bloody, I did not.

Sorry if I sound like an ass, but the side of me you see on the internet doesn't give you a whole lot of insight.
Furthermore, if I wind up in a situation where it's kill or be killed, it's better if I know what I'm going to do and stand prepared to do it.

Whether you know it or not, I ALWAYS consider the consequences of my actions thoroughly. Just because you don't see me doing it doesn't mean it won't happen. I know every bit of law I need to on self-defense, reasonable and excessive force, etc. In the dojo, we were required to discuss the ramifications of actions of self-defense across the board, from a simple counterstrike to taking a human life.

I've been thinking about that question for three years, and have no qualms about taking someone out if they're out to cause harm to myself, or any other innocent, and that includes you, as you are an innocent human being.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you don't know me well enough to make that judgement.
Furthermore, what I say on the internet doesn't mean jack shit. I'm a lot more of a sensible person than anyone realizes.
so knowing you in person (like me) makes you not an ass?

i'm VERY suprised ur parents r allowing u to get a gun...very. good luck finding ammo, my sources tell me its getting hard to find.

Crafting and stuff
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

Aaron, Ive met you in real life. Im generally a pretty good judge of people. Yes, you may be more in touch with things than most people your age, but youre most definitely far more inexperienced than you think. It comes with the territory.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter

Post by comingbackdown »

wannabe wrote:
comingbackdown wrote:
I lack self-control?

so knowing you in person (like me) makes you not an ass?

i'm VERY suprised ur parents r allowing u to get a gun...very. good luck finding ammo, my sources tell me its getting hard to find.
YOU have no right to speak, and personally, I'm not in the mood for any argument with ANYBODY about ANYTHING at the moment...
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

sorry, but the government gives me freedom of speech. i can speak my mind whenever i want. weather you like it or no, is annother issue...and don't go puttin messages in my inbox in here either. i don't read them.

Crafting and stuff
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

comingbackdown wrote:YOU have no right to speak, and personally, I'm not in the mood for any argument with ANYBODY about ANYTHING at the moment...
Not to drag this on, but heres you proving my point. Far too often youre far too angry. Angry and/or depressed people should not under any circumstances save a zombie invasion be given a gun or other deadly weapon
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter

Post by comingbackdown »

watkins wrote:
comingbackdown wrote:YOU have no right to speak, and personally, I'm not in the mood for any argument with ANYBODY about ANYTHING at the moment...
Not to drag this on, but heres you proving my point. Far too often youre far too angry. Angry and/or depressed people should not under any circumstances save a zombie invasion be given a gun or other deadly weapon
I'm angry at her, because I got treated like crap. Point not proven. I have every right to be angry at her. I don't want her commenting on me, plain and simple.

That's your opinion about angry or depressed people, I don't happen to agree, let's agree to disagree.
Btw, most of the cops I've met have severe anger problems or depression of some sort, and several of the Ashland cops wound up jailed for being wifebeaters. So, should they take the guns away from the whole police force just because they have issues (which they acquired from seeing horrendous things in the line of duty)?
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!

Hey, welcome manhands.
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
manhands1230
Junior Standardshifter

Post by manhands1230 »

Does someone mind delteing or banning my account. I don't want to be on this forum and delteting this thread would be nice thanks bye all