Hello from Europe

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
Urban_Noise
Junior Standardshifter

Re: Hello from Europe

Post by Urban_Noise »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:Shit you don't know Dacia 'til you've ridden in a 1310, steering with the weight of a tractor, shifter that's 2 feet long, and interior that smells like gasoline. I loved that car :D

Sounds just like a car out of Car Heaven to me !
Urban_Noise
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Urban_Noise »

Warner wrote:Welcome! I can tell you're not a native English speaker only because of the unusual way you choose to describe some things, but like RIT said, you type better English than a lot of people who are native speakers. :P What country are you originally from?

Any pics of your current or previous cars are welcome along with any cool pics of Europe you might have (since you say you've moved around a lot).

I'm originally Romanian, born and bred in Bucharest.

Don't ask of pics from Europe, I have over 6000 from last year only ! ( I'm the type that clicks at the camera until the poor thing can't click no more! )
Sure then , I'll post some pics of the Clio I I'm working on from time to time, to surprise someone, apparently you guys say that's worth a photo too :lol:

Thanks for the wlecome !
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:DACIA! Esti Romanca, nu? :lol:

Welcome to SS!
Shut up, Flavius.

Welcome to the new girl!
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Urban_Noise
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Urban_Noise »

AHTOXA wrote:

Welcome to SS!
Shut up, Flavius.

Welcome to the new girl!

:lol: Thanks for the welcome.
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

Welcome to SS. I am the resident PorkChop
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

AHTOXA wrote:

Welcome to SS!
Shut up, Flavius.

Welcome to the new girl!
That's my middle name... not that it matters but my first name is Cosmin.

And Urban_Noise, good to know you're here. I was born in Zalau, and moved to America when I was 2. Been back to the homeland a few times since then, it was beautiful. Enjoy your stay here, si sa sti ca AHTOXA e rusesc :mrgreen:
Urban_Noise
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Urban_Noise »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:

Welcome to SS!
Shut up, Flavius.

Welcome to the new girl!
That's my middle name... not that it matters but my first name is Cosmin.

And Urban_Noise, good to know you're here. I was born in Zalau, and moved to America when I was 2. Been back to the homeland a few times since then, it was beautiful. Enjoy your stay here, si sa sti ca AHTOXA e rusesc :mrgreen:

:lol: Thanks mate !
It's not that great back home right now, due to all the economical and financial trouble but what I miss a lot is the wide open roads. All rest of Europe is pretty urbanized, there are houses and properties everywhere, but back home you still have tose back roads and highways where you can just go and go and go and see nothing and anyone for the longest time.
PprStSpCo
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: Mazda 626

Post by PprStSpCo »

Urban_Noise wrote: As for being randomly random, I love black coffee and cigarettes so much people make me presents out of them, one of my top 10 favourite movies is " Fight Club ", I would love to learn how to do custom paint jobs because I have the graphic skills and imagination,urban art supporter, pro smoker and I live with a constant migraine.
Done now.

Thanks for taking your time to read.
Yes! Another woman that likes Fight Club! Honestly though, I'd read the book. A whole different ending. :p
<3
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

Urban_Noise wrote:

Hey , I'm a woman , we like to make things clear from the start (*cough*...right...*cough*)

I lol'd at that one. :)

I'll look forward to the book.
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
PprStSpCo
Junior Standardshifter

Post by PprStSpCo »

padauk_dust wrote:
Urban_Noise wrote:

Hey , I'm a woman , we like to make things clear from the start (*cough*...right...*cough*)

I lol'd at that one. :)

I'll look forward to the book.
It's worth the read. Chuck Palahniuk is a great author.
<3
Urban_Noise
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Urban_Noise »

PprStSpCo wrote:
Urban_Noise wrote: As for being randomly random, I love black coffee and cigarettes so much people make me presents out of them, one of my top 10 favourite movies is " Fight Club ", I would love to learn how to do custom paint jobs because I have the graphic skills and imagination,urban art supporter, pro smoker and I live with a constant migraine.
Done now.

Thanks for taking your time to read.
Yes! Another woman that likes Fight Club! Honestly though, I'd read the book. A whole different ending. :p

The book totally topped up the film, I must have read it a thousant times ! I agree.
PprStSpCo
Junior Standardshifter

Post by PprStSpCo »

Urban_Noise wrote:
The book totally topped up the film, I must have read it a thousant times ! I agree.
Have you read his other work?
<3
Urban_Noise
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Urban_Noise »

PprStSpCo wrote:
Urban_Noise wrote:
Pretty much everything else that came out, but I didn't find the message as being as powerful as it was in Fight Club. But then again, Fight Club brings, for me, as million other small messages so I might just be over analyzing it :lol: I still consider him one of the top writers of our time either way.
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

Diary and Haunted both kicked my ass - I think Diary comes out on top though...
PprStSpCo
Junior Standardshifter

Post by PprStSpCo »

Urban_Noise wrote:
PprStSpCo wrote:
Urban_Noise wrote:
Pretty much everything else that came out, but I didn't find the message as being as powerful as it was in Fight Club. But then again, Fight Club brings, for me, as million other small messages so I might just be over analyzing it :lol: I still consider him one of the top writers of our time either way.
I know Lullaby seemed like he was trying to grapple the position of the character a little too much but something in the lines spoke to me.
However, Invisible Monsters is my second favorite. Then comes Survivor and then Choke.
:p
<3