MISC: What's on your Mind?

User avatar
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1695
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 pm
Cars: 2001 S10 2.2L manual
Location: Detroit MI

Re: MISC: What's on your Mind?

Post by ClutchFork » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Six months into this and still don't know anybody who has Covid.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7600
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '13 ES 350; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: MISC: What's on your Mind?

Post by potownrob » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:12 am

ClutchFork wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:35 pm
Six months into this and still don't know anybody who has Covid.
I know at least one who had it bad back in the early spring and then recovered. People question him when he downtalks COVID, masks etc. but he feels that it is blown out of proportion despite him having gone through it. Have heard of people dying from it, like friends of friends and the like. I wear my mask when around people (other than sitting at a table or with close friends), but don’t think the masks help as much as people seem to think, especially when they’re dirty, cheap, fake (like my fake eBay KN95 masks) etc. Most people around here are either pro-mask or put up with wearing one when necessary, but we get people visiting the hotel here in upstate NY who come from places where they don’t wear masks or do as little as possible.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1695
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 pm
Cars: 2001 S10 2.2L manual
Location: Detroit MI

Re: MISC: What's on your Mind?

Post by ClutchFork » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:11 pm

potownrob wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:12 am
ClutchFork wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:35 pm
Six months into this and still don't know anybody who has Covid.
I know at least one who had it bad back in the early spring and then recovered. People question him when he downtalks COVID, masks etc. but he feels that it is blown out of proportion despite him having gone through it. Have heard of people dying from it, like friends of friends and the like. I wear my mask when around people (other than sitting at a table or with close friends), but don’t think the masks help as much as people seem to think, especially when they’re dirty, cheap, fake (like my fake eBay KN95 masks) etc. Most people around here are either pro-mask or put up with wearing one when necessary, but we get people visiting the hotel here in upstate NY who come from places where they don’t wear masks or do as little as possible.
I like his attitude!
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...

Post Reply