ALMS

Autocross, Road Racing, Rallycross, Rally...
190E_passin_on_left
Junior Standardshifter

ALMS

Post by 190E_passin_on_left »

im a big fan of the Le Mans series, my favorite part about it would be the lower classes, such as the porsche's, ferrari's, corvette's etc...

comments? fans?? anyone??? :D
Zoom-Zoom

1991 MB 190E 2.3L
1984 BMW 533i
1986 Porsche 944T
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

IMO its retarded to race 4 different races at the same time. i know, big part of the race is the P1 P2 getting around GTs, and GTs staying out of the way.

but to me, its like going to a HS football game and having varsity, JV, freshmen, and 8th grade games going on at the same time. its not the confusing aspect of it, because its not confusing to watch the race. its the retarded aspect of it.
imagine a cup, busch and the truck race at the same time on the same track. something like that.

if they want to have some good races, they need to have all 4 classes race separately. otherwise it just seems like they are trying to get the most use of their airtime by running multiclass races.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

its kinda hard to have 4 different endurance races in the same weekend... F1 and GP2 are on the same weekend and at the same track, but because they are only 2 hours each they can run them at different times...
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

I think ALMS is great, however, they need to make the sport more marketable. For example, they need to actually market in the first place lol.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

Paolo300zx wrote:its kinda hard to have 4 different endurance races in the same weekend... F1 and GP2 are on the same weekend and at the same track, but because they are only 2 hours each they can run them at different times...
holy cow, he returns. you're failing me paolo, I'm headed towards a miata now. the Z influence is lacking on here nowadays...
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
190E_passin_on_left
Junior Standardshifter

as mentioned earlier, holding four endurance races in one weekend would be difficult, if not impossible

remember that the ALMS runs the 24 hrs of le mans

how could you possibly run that race 4 times in one weekend?

but thats besides the point, i think the slower traffic adds excitement to the race, if it were not for the slower traffic, it would just be a large group of prototypes zooming around all day, and thats just ridiculous, cuz we already know that they can go ridiculously fast
Zoom-Zoom

1991 MB 190E 2.3L
1984 BMW 533i
1986 Porsche 944T
ra64t
Master Standardshifter

Post by ra64t »

I don't think 4 classes running at the same time is retarded, I think its interesting and its what makes ALMS/ endurance racing unique.

I think a big part of the appeal of ALMS is the cars. There is a wide verity of cars from production based to prototpyes, and the prototypes are awesome looking, WAY better then those junk Daytona prototypes in Grand Am.

ALMS is not my favorite racing series though. I prefer shorter races because they are more action packed, and I prefer racing which is more focused on the drivers, instead of the cars.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

ra64t wrote:I don't think 4 classes running at the same time is retarded, I think its interesting and its what makes ALMS/ endurance racing unique.

I think a big part of the appeal of ALMS is the cars. There is a wide verity of cars from production based to prototpyes, and the prototypes are awesome looking, WAY better then those junk Daytona prototypes in Grand Am.

ALMS is not my favorite racing series though. I prefer shorter races because they are more action packed, and I prefer racing which is more focused on the drivers, instead of the cars.
That's why I like Superbike AMA. That's some exciting racing right there.
Short laps, usually in the 30 range, and they're motorcycles, what more could you want?

and they have some hot umbrella girls
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
ra64t
Master Standardshifter

Post by ra64t »

eaglecatcher wrote:
ra64t wrote:I don't think 4 classes running at the same time is retarded, I think its interesting and its what makes ALMS/ endurance racing unique.

That's why I like Superbike AMA. That's some exciting racing right there.
Short laps, usually in the 30 range, and they're motorcycles, what more could you want?

and they have some hot umbrella girls
Agreed, Moto GP, AMA superbike, supersport, etc. all have great racing. I'm still biased towards 4 wheels though.
190E_passin_on_left
Junior Standardshifter

ya, 4 wheels is better in my opinion, although bike racing is cool
Zoom-Zoom

1991 MB 190E 2.3L
1984 BMW 533i
1986 Porsche 944T
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

NASCAR. Busch Series is short. I prefer the Nextel Cup races though.

I've never even seen one of the Craftsman Series races... :(

I see just about every Busch and Nextel Cup race these days though.
A good example of short, exciting races:
Today would be good. Short track, lots of excitement. I only saw the tail end of the race though. :( Jimmie Johnson won it, and Dale Jr. slipped waaaaay back... He really needs to win before the end of the season...
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200