1st autocross event

Autocross, Road Racing, Rallycross, Rally...
hai1206vn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by hai1206vn »

black94boost wrote:What event is at RIT this Sunday? :roll: lol
ssorcotua 8) WTF
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Re: 1st autocross event

Post by GarySheehan »

hai1206vn wrote:No it shouldn't affect me, and what I'd prefer from autox shouldn't affect anyone else. I appreciate the reason behind all this, but I'd like it to be a bit different if I could ever impose something. That's all.
But don't you already get everything that you want in the class you've entered? Or is the issue that your class allows race rubber and you want a class that doesn't?
marcman1987
Senior Standardshifter

Post by marcman1987 »

Choose your Auto-X carefully or else your ride might look like one of these... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3197431&page=1
We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!... Think Globally, Act Locally!
hai1206vn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by hai1206vn »

GarySheehan wrote:But don't you already get everything that you want in the class you've entered? Or is the issue that your class allows race rubber and you want a class that doesn't?
Nothing about my class. I made a comment about other classes, that's why I said it's just a random thought. Take it easy Gary.
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

hai1206vn wrote:
GarySheehan wrote:But don't you already get everything that you want in the class you've entered? Or is the issue that your class allows race rubber and you want a class that doesn't?
Nothing about my class. I made a comment about other classes, that's why I said it's just a random thought. Take it easy Gary.
Just to be clear, you want to dictate the rules for other classes, even though they have no bearing on your class, your vehicle's competitiveness or your wallet. Even though thousands and thousands of autocrossers and the sanctioning bodies have worked hard together to develop a classing system and rules sets to make as many people happy and encourage as many participants as possible to enter. Because that's how you think autocross should be. Based on your first and only autocross event.

Have I got that right?
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

boom, headshot.
FREE ROMAN!
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

I think this is getting blown slighty out've proportion.

:twisted: Let's settle it with thumb war! :twisted:
hai1206vn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by hai1206vn »

How did my little random comment make our racing driver so worked up? I won't argue further; I wasn't trying to argue anyway. Whatever man I'm done with this thread.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Is it true that in autocross, you just leave it in 2nd gear throughout the run?
Sisrahtac
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Sisrahtac »

Sypher wrote:Is it true that in autocross, you just leave it in 2nd gear throughout the run?
It depends on your car, but that's what I've always done and seems to be what most drivers do. I've never got the RPMs low enough to lug or high enough to warrant an upshift. But if you go to an autocross event it is not uncommon to hear cars bouncing off the rev limiter because there is often not enough time to upshift then downshift for a particular corner.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

marcman1987 wrote:Choose your Auto-X carefully or else your ride might look like one of these... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3197431&page=1
paul34 wrote:Just don't let this happen
:lol: :lol:
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

hai1206vn wrote:How did my little random comment make our racing driver so worked up? I won't argue further; I wasn't trying to argue anyway. Whatever man I'm done with this thread.
You participated in an organized sport that has literally thousands of events per year, has the highest number of participants of all motorsports in the country, is the most welcoming and easiest access motorsports available to you, and in your first post after your very first event, you bitch about the fact that you can't compare your times with the times of everyone else because they use race rubber.

You have this whole new motorsports world open to you now, and your main take away was based on an extremely narrow-minded, short-sighted and self-centered point of view.

People take autocross WAY more seriously than you may realize. They certainly don't feel that they are in a street time trial event.

I guess I'm just shocked that you've taken such a limited point-of-view of this instead of looking at all of the many different opportunities available to you. My main point of contention was that you were actually pissed off that these opportunities existed for others and that the sport should conform to you, rather that to everyone.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Do people at autocross events really laugh at you or insult you if you have a horrible course time? "What a n00b!" or "OMG, you suck ass!" or "Stick to grocery-getting, grandma!" I've heard about it before, and it's very discouraging.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

paul34 wrote:Just don't let this happen
Or this