Engineering the World Rally

Autocross, Road Racing, Rallycross, Rally...
Ecmslee
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ecmslee »

The episode I downloaded is an Xvid avi with mp3 audio. Hahah, yeah, those first two rallies were something, huh? Say, would you ever consider roughing it with Samantha? :wink: And I don't mean just splashing some mud on her. I'm talking about going out into the woods and ripping up the roads. :twisted:
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

you mean like this?

:twisted:

of course i can't drive it right on the edge like they do in WRC b/c i can't be crashing my car. i was surprised though to find out that amateurs can compete in the WRC and thought about running a rally in my car. sure would be fun but i doubt i could ever manage it.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

do they just start the amateurs in the back, and see how close they can get to the pros?
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

eaglecatcher wrote:do they just start the amateurs in the back, and see how close they can get to the pros?
i would assume so based on some of the cars i saw. they would get run over if they started in front of the pro teams. but they don't really say much about the amateurs on the show.
Aquiles
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Aquiles »

Finally, I get to watch WRC again.. somewhat :lol:

Damn Speed channel for ditching their WRC coverage! Thats the only thing I love watching at nights, sheesh! :? Hope to finish this DL soon hehe, thanks for the info guys! 8)
Ecmslee
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ecmslee »

The sixth and final episode of the series has been uploaded. This time we follow team Subaru on the final rally of the season in Wales Great Britain. Eaglecatcher, I think this episode is especially relevant to your question about amateur participation on WRC since it follows one amateur team along with team Subaru throughout the episode.
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

there's only 6 episodes? :(

at first i was hoping for 15 or so episodes, 1 for each rally. but then on the 3rd or 4th episode i realized they had skipped some rallies.
Standardshifter
Site Admin
Cars: 2005 Legacy GT, Buell

Post by Standardshifter »

Always rallycross Jomo. Great way to have fun in the dirt with much less chance of damage to yourself or the car.
-Standardshifter
Shifting the Standard of Automotive Websites
UCLAccord
Junior Standardshifter

Post by UCLAccord »

i only found ep 1 and 2. what are you guys using for your search criteria? i used 'engineering' in the 'wrc' section.
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

UCLAccord wrote:i only found ep 1 and 2. what are you guys using for your search criteria? i used 'engineering' in the 'wrc' section.
i had trouble with their search too so i ended up just going to the WRC section and browsing until i found them.