Hi Again

Autocross, Road Racing, Rallycross, Rally...
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Hi Again

Post by jomotopia »

Wow, how time does fly.

I just wanted to drop in because I've started doing Autocross and DAMN is it fun. So I thought I would share my video from my second event.

https://youtu.be/Gb-dd7cUqpk

Here's the local forum thread about the event: http://forum.atlantascca.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7661

I am totally hooked. I need new tires, helmet, numbers, and whatever else I can think of.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Hi Again

Post by Rope-Pusher »

When my son got into Autocross racing, he got/made some magnetic car numbers. Between him and whoever came out with him, one could race his Neon as vehicle 213, another as 312, another as 123, etc. Makes for some more fun comparing times between them on the same car and talking about what they are doing differently.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

jomotopia wrote:Wow, how time does fly.

I just wanted to drop in because I've started doing Autocross and DAMN is it fun. So I thought I would share my video from my second event.

https://youtu.be/Gb-dd7cUqpk

Here's the local forum thread about the event: http://forum.atlantascca.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7661

I am totally hooked. I need new tires, helmet, numbers, and whatever else I can think of.
WOW, speak of the devil!! was wondering when you'd be back. glad to see you still have the orange WRX. i remember you telling the story of how you were trading in the old STI for another STI, and you were about to sign the papers when you saw the orange WRX. do you regret getting the WRX over the STI at all?? also must say, the sound of that WRX is mean (in a good way). i wish the newer WRXes sounded half that cool. also wish the prices would drop down... :evil: 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

potownrob wrote:do you regret getting the WRX over the STI at all??
Not really... I mean I kind of wish they had rolled an Orange STI off the truck instead, but given the choice between a boring color STI and the orange WRX, I'm happy. :D I guess the only thing that kinda sucks is that at Autocross here there doesn't seem to be anybody regularly running a WRX but there are a few STIs, and I won't be in the same class as them. It would be nice to compete against other Subarus.

I did find a good deal on an Orange STI that I could probably about break even on, but it's way down in FL and I'd have to redo all the mods plus lose the sunroof, so it's just too much hassle. Wish I had the means to just buy it and have them both, then I could set up the STI for Autocross and the WRX for Rallycross. :lol:
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Man, my car would be such an underachiever. :lol: Still would be fun though.

I was going to ask how you remember the route, but then I saw the passenger pointing.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

theholycow wrote:I was going to ask how you remember the route, but then I saw the passenger pointing.
Well I was running in the Novice class so you get an experienced instructor with you. Next time I'll be on my own. But you walk the course in the morning and then you get 4 or 5 runs to get the hang of it. I kind of do wish I could run the same course more times, but it changes for each event to keep it fresh and interesting.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

jomotopia wrote:
potownrob wrote:do you regret getting the WRX over the STI at all??
Not really... I mean I kind of wish they had rolled an Orange STI off the truck instead, but given the choice between a boring color STI and the orange WRX, I'm happy. :D I guess the only thing that kinda sucks is that at Autocross here there doesn't seem to be anybody regularly running a WRX but there are a few STIs, and I won't be in the same class as them. It would be nice to compete against other Subarus.

I did find a good deal on an Orange STI that I could probably about break even on, but it's way down in FL and I'd have to redo all the mods plus lose the sunroof, so it's just too much hassle. Wish I had the means to just buy it and have them both, then I could set up the STI for Autocross and the WRX for Rallycross. :lol:
for your generation WRX, it seems like the WRX is closer to the STI (both have ej25s at least) than for the other gens with the smaller engine for the WRX. of course, the suspension, transmission, diffs etc. are not as good as the STI parts stock for stock. but DAT SUNROOF!! could not pass that up :!: :shock: :oops: 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.