ATL area, hot cars cruise?

eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

its not easy. I love cars, but I like science too. Of course, if I was doing it only for money, I'd be a doctor in a heartbeat (no pun intended) but I'd rather have a job I enjoy, and make decent money, than a job I make better money, yet hate.

I'm leaning towards a doctor though. And no, I don't want to do it only for the money
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Post by Tinton »

Oooooo the off-topic PWNZ.

Since there's no interest I'll head over to the Lotus and Ferrari dealerships like next week or so, either alone or with 1-2 friends of mine. Prolly just gonna take pictures, even if I do dress up nice I doubt they'll let me test drive the cars.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Will you enjoy being a doctor? i don't think i can 'enjoy' working in such a high stress industry, but i have mad respect for those who can. not to mention how expensive and how long schooling is for that type of work. i respect anyone who goes to school that long to do something. the world needs more doctors, if you think you have a shot, and you have the stamina to be a doctor, go for it. you'll make more money, your work will be more rewarding, you'll have the title 'Dr.', and you'll have a nice status in life. But your on call, 24/7, and its high stress..

be an 'automotive technician' (lets not use the word 'mechanic' :lol: ) and you'll still make great money, good possibility that you may even make triple digits one day, you have time to enjoy a beer once in a while. just make a pro vs con chart.

doctor...Automotive

well, be a doctor: more money, better stattus in life (who doesn't respect a doctor?) chicks dig doctors, very rewarding work.

But: long schooling, expensive schooling, lawsuits, always on call, times when you'll probably despise your job.

tech:
good money, time to relax, everyone respects a good technician. live the typical american dream

but: lawsuits if you open your own shop, exposure to certain chemicals, burn marks.

just a few pros and cons to both professsions.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

Tinton wrote:Oooooo the off-topic PWNZ.

Since there's no interest I'll head over to the Lotus and Ferrari dealerships like next week or so, either alone or with 1-2 friends of mine. Prolly just gonna take pictures, even if I do dress up nice I doubt they'll let me test drive the cars.
I dunno, take your nice Fiero, and get your friends to borrow their parents nicest cars.

Of course, it will probably be more suspicious if you walk in with 3 friends, than if you walk in by yourself.

If you do get to drive anything, we need a report on how sweet it was, even if is only a Yugo. lol
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

JackBauer wrote:Will you enjoy being a doctor? i don't think i can 'enjoy' working in such a high stress industry, but i have mad respect for those who can. not to mention how expensive and how long schooling is for that type of work. i respect anyone who goes to school that long to do something. the world needs more doctors, if you think you have a shot, and you have the stamina to be a doctor, go for it. you'll make more money, your work will be more rewarding, you'll have the title 'Dr.', and you'll have a nice status in life. But your on call, 24/7, and its high stress..

be an 'automotive technician' (lets not use the word 'mechanic' :lol: ) and you'll still make great money, good possibility that you may even make triple digits one day, you have time to enjoy a beer once in a while. just make a pro vs con chart.

doctor...Automotive

well, be a doctor: more money, better stattus in life (who doesn't respect a doctor?) chicks dig doctors, very rewarding work.

But: long schooling, expensive schooling, lawsuits, always on call, times when you'll probably despise your job.

tech:
good money, time to relax, everyone respects a good technician. live the typical american dream

but: lawsuits if you open your own shop, exposure to certain chemicals, burn marks.

just a few pros and cons to both professsions.
What I originally wanted to do, was go into the army, and be a doctor or a medic or something like that, but then I realized by the time I got out of the army and paid all my loans, I'd be like in my late 30's, and still probably unmarried. I'm native american though, so I may be able to get all my tuition paid by the cherokee nation, in return for like a 5 year contract at any of the cherokee nation hospitals in the US. That would be a pretty sweet deal, so I think I may go with that if I qualify for the program.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

sounds like a sweet deal
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

hey tinton... did you ever get to drive anything?
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs