Cow-Man's Challenge Finally Answered

All the news that's fit to shift.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Cow-Man's Challenge Finally Answered

Post by Rope-Pusher »

It has been a few years since our very own Cow Man threw down the gauntlet and challenged others to follow his lead in converting vehicles to the Amish faith. Well, here is a well-publicized account of someone who took him up on it:
SWAPPING A MANUAL INTO A SUPERCAR? IT'S POSSIBLE

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY-hFXEvmC8[/youtube]

https://autoweek.com/article/diy/swappi ... s-possible
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Re: Cow-Man's Challenge Finally Answered

Post by ClutchFork »

I give the guy a LOT of credit for tearing into such an exotic car and for the ability to get the job done. Nice work. This should become a major industry in the United States to convert many cars to manual. Unfortunately most people don't have a clue as to the benefits and joys of manual transmissions so we are stuck with cars that just may as well be autonomous. Nothing comes off so silly in my mind as a big bad pickup truck with loud exhaust taking off from a stop and hearing the sad automatic shift instead of a nice crisp bark grabbing second gear.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Cow-Man's Challenge Finally Answered

Post by tankinbeans »

The Artist Formerly Known As InlinePaul wrote:may as well be autonomous.
That's what they're trying to train us for. I shudder to think about it. I don't have an onion one way or the other about torque convertor automatics or DCTs (other than reliability questions), but despise CVTs because they drone and drive me bonkers.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!