Anyone need a nice set of genuine Honda wheel covers?

Car parts or cars up for sale
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

Dealers charge $60-100 per cover!!!

Ridiculous! :evil:
tobigooddog

Post by tobigooddog »

screenname wrote:
jomotopia wrote:
jvf1mikey wrote:Don't forget Sypher, snap-ons can be stolen easily :p
who's gonna steal wheel covers? :lol:
You'd be surprised. Someone stole the wheel covers off my friend's Saturn! Another one of my friends had a hubcap stolen off his Taurus.
comon, they probably just fell off
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

tobigooddog wrote:
screenname wrote:
jomotopia wrote: who's gonna steal wheel covers? :lol:
You'd be surprised. Someone stole the wheel covers off my friend's Saturn! Another one of my friends had a hubcap stolen off his Taurus.
comon, they probably just fell off
All four of them?
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

there is a store near my house, that sells wheels and tires, but they also sell tons of hub caps. Guess what the name is, "hub cap annie"
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter

Post by Hatchman »

screenname wrote:
jomotopia wrote:
jvf1mikey wrote:Don't forget Sypher, snap-ons can be stolen easily :p
who's gonna steal wheel covers? :lol:
Yup. You never know. Let's say someone is missing one or two wheel covers, or the ones he has are beat up to hell. He sees a brand new set on another car which just happen to fit his own. You know how people can be. If an a__hole can key your car for kicks, what's to stop another sonofabitch from swiping a set of snap-ons?
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

yeah i guess you guys have a point. i swore off steelies and wheel covers when i got my corolla though. i will never have another car with steelies. unfortunately my girlfriend's Matrix has them but we will probably get some new wheels eventually.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter

Post by Hatchman »

jomotopia wrote:yeah i guess you guys have a point. i swore off steelies and wheel covers when i got my corolla though. i will never have another car with steelies. unfortunately my girlfriend's Matrix has them but we will probably get some new wheels eventually.
Gotta be alloys, no question about it.

I guess things worked out pretty well for me. I didn't have to shell out too much dough to go to alloys. If I'd wanted them when I bought my car, the alloys alone would have cost $1500 as an option from the dealer :shock: And if I had opted for the top-of-the-line FiT Sport (instead of my mid-level LX), that would have cost me $2500 more, plus taxes :shock: I came out way ahead the way I went about it. And I didn't have to go non-OEM.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

jvf1mikey wrote:
jomotopia wrote:yeah i guess you guys have a point. i swore off steelies and wheel covers when i got my corolla though. i will never have another car with steelies. unfortunately my girlfriend's Matrix has them but we will probably get some new wheels eventually.
Gotta be alloys, no question about it.

I guess things worked out pretty well for me. I didn't have to shell out too much dough to go to alloys. If I'd wanted them when I bought my car, the alloys alone would have cost $1500 as an option from the dealer :shock: And if I had opted for the top-of-the-line FiT Sport (instead of my mid-level LX), that would have cost me $2500 more, plus taxes :shock: I came out way ahead the way I went about it. And I didn't have to go non-OEM.
+1 for alloys!

Mikey, you should have went for a set of these instead :lol:
15", 4x100
Comes for a civic... I love these OEM rims
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter

Post by Hatchman »

Those are beauties, but mine are equally nice IMHO 8)

Don't forget Sypher, I did my buying privately, through the Toronto Civic Club Forums. There are lots of OEM rims on the market, but lots of them are garbage, as my experience would prove. So the chances of finding a set like the ones in your pic, in min t condition as mine are, would be very slim. I didn't want to wait too long to pick up the alloys. I was quite eager to get it done this summer actually. Plus, I could not stand the site of the stock steelies and wheel covers much longer.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

jvf1mikey wrote:Those are beauties, but mine are equally nice IMHO 8)

Don't forget Sypher, I did my buying privately, through the Toronto Civic Club Forums. There are lots of OEM rims on the market, but lots of them are garbage, as my experience would prove. So the chances of finding a set like the ones in your pic, in min t condition as mine are, would be very slim. I didn't want to wait too long to pick up the alloys. I was quite eager to get it done this summer actually. Plus, I could not stand the site of the stock steelies and wheel covers much longer.
True. I understand what you mean man, and by no means am I saying you're dont look nice. I just saw those rims on a civic in a used car lot when we were looking at cars for my cousin's bf and I just loved those rims ever since. They look gorgeous! More like something that you should find in aftermarket rim retailer rather than in a honda dealership :lol:
eaglecatcherthe3rd
Junior Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcherthe3rd »

I'm gonna get a car with alloys, or I"m gonna buy some. Steelies just flat out suck