2000 Celica GTS (tiptronic automatic)

Car parts or cars up for sale
User avatar
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:31 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ironichumour » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:04 pm

Yeah I know, I was being a smart a$$ :P
It's not what's on the outside, it's what's under the hood

User avatar
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:56 pm
Location: Side by Side with the shifter
Contact:

Post by initialeclipseshift » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:35 am

whats triptronic again?
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^

User avatar
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:56 pm
Location: Side by Side with the shifter
Contact:

Post by initialeclipseshift » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:36 am

I think missesm and Ironic have made a new best friendship!
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^

screenname
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:11 pm

Post by screenname » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:40 am

initialeclipseshift wrote:whats triptronic again?
No such thing. The closest thing, Tiptronic, is a Porsche trademarked name. It's their automatic transmission with manual shift capability.

tobigooddog

Re: 2000 Celica GTS (tiptronic automatic)

Post by tobigooddog » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:43 am

jvf1mikey wrote:The car belongs to my brother-in-law, located in Mississauga. He's asking $13,000. (I've advised him to revise this figure, but...) The car is loaded: leather interior, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD, sunroof, power everything, paddle shift (it's an automatic with tiptronic), alloy rims. The car is very dark blue. It has about 100,000 km. The interior is mint, and the exterior has the usual little dings, all minor. Winter rims included in sale. Winter rubber should be replaced.
OMG that is my favorite car in my favorite car color, that is so cruel, i wanted that car and couldn't find it, i love that car. why would you sell it for solara, yuks. blue and leather? you just broke my heart.

User avatar
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:31 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ironichumour » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:44 am

initialeclipseshift wrote:I think missesm and Ironic have made a new best friendship!
LOL! But you're all my bestest, bestest friends!!!! :wink: :P

(I do actually have a life LOL) :lol:
It's not what's on the outside, it's what's under the hood

User avatar
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:56 pm
Location: Side by Side with the shifter
Contact:

Post by initialeclipseshift » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:44 am

screenname wrote:
initialeclipseshift wrote:whats triptronic again?
No such thing. The closest thing, Tiptronic, is a Porsche trademarked name. It's their automatic transmission with manual shift capability.
O lol misspelling aha 4 a minute I was like what? aha
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^

User avatar
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:56 pm
Location: Side by Side with the shifter
Contact:

Post by initialeclipseshift » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:45 am

Ironichumour wrote:
initialeclipseshift wrote:I think missesm and Ironic have made a new best friendship!
LOL! But you're all my bestest, bestest friends!!!! :wink: :P

(I do actually have a life LOL) :lol:
LOL...ROFL! niice!
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^

User avatar
missesm
Senior Standardshifter
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:16 pm
Location: Toronto ON

Post by missesm » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:31 am

initialeclipseshift wrote:I think missesm and Ironic have made a new best friendship!
partners in crime...
2000 Mercury Cougar V6

User avatar
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:25 pm
Location: frequently in a FiT often in Etobicoke

Re: 2000 Celica GTS (tiptronic automatic)

Post by Hatchman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:46 pm

tobigooddog wrote:
jvf1mikey wrote:The car belongs to my brother-in-law, located in Mississauga. He's asking $13,000. (I've advised him to revise this figure, but...) The car is loaded: leather interior, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD, sunroof, power everything, paddle shift (it's an automatic with tiptronic), alloy rims. The car is very dark blue. It has about 100,000 km. The interior is mint, and the exterior has the usual little dings, all minor. Winter rims included in sale. Winter rubber should be replaced.
OMG that is my favorite car in my favorite car color, that is so cruel, i wanted that car and couldn't find it, i love that car. why would you sell it for solara, yuks. blue and leather? you just broke my heart.
I know I hate the Solara, but gimme a break the Celica was UGLY. Toyota styling is starting to look as if 6 people each got to design one section of the car and then Toyota threw together all the pieces :lol:

And Tobi, maybe my BIL sold it because it was a slushbox. What do you want with a slushbox 8) Actually, the Solara is an even more sad slushbox. The man is gettin old. That's what fatherhood does to ya :cry:

screenname
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:11 pm

Post by screenname » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:48 pm

Most modern Toyota designs look like compilations anyways. The Tacoma has a bed that's not even with the hood line, and the cab looks as if the person who designed it had no contact with the persons who designed the hood and the bed.

User avatar
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:25 pm
Location: frequently in a FiT often in Etobicoke

Post by Hatchman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:58 pm

screenname wrote:Most modern Toyota designs look like compilations anyways. The Tacoma has a bed that's not even with the hood line, and the cab looks as if the person who designed it had no contact with the persons who designed the hood and the bed.
LMAO. That's what I mean. The cars are lookin disjointed and f*cked up.

screenname
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:11 pm

Post by screenname » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:01 pm

I think the person who was sketching the rear end of the Camry was using tracing paper to practice drawing the BMW 7-series for a class. The design leader must've seen that, and said "Hey, that works! Just replace the tail lights and we'll be fine."

The Camry has a Bangle Butt. The Yaris has a Bangle Butt. The Avalon has a Bangle Butt. Why does everyone feel the need to copy BMW these days? If I want one of those designs (not that I ever will), I'll go to BMW, thank you very much. I applaud Jaguar for refraining from copying BMW's designs - both their retro and modern design languages speak my language.

User avatar
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:25 pm
Location: frequently in a FiT often in Etobicoke

Post by Hatchman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:07 pm

Jags are indeed sexy, and they're Austin Powers' first choice I believe LOL

screenname
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:11 pm

Post by screenname » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:12 pm

Don't forget - the designer of the BMW 7- and 6-series slowly lost the will to live as he was designing the car. Notice the droopy rear-end cut line? In that same vein, the designer of the 5-series must've had a heart attack. The belt line is nice and straight until it gets to the rear end, where it kicks up abruptly and falls back down. The 3-series designer must've had a picture of the E46 model taped over his eyes, and thus was the only thing he could see. I'm guessing he had to squint at the drawing paper to make sure his car looked different, which it hardly does. The Z4 was designed with a chainsaw, the X3 was made by putting a 5-series wagon cabin and rear end on a 3-series front end and raising it by a couple inches, and redesigning the rear quarter panels to make it look more like the X5. The 1-series looks like it's been in a car accident before it even left the assembly line.

I hate modern BMW designs. Can you tell?

Post Reply