Are you going to drive an auto ever again?

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!

Will you ever drive an auto again

No Never,I'm gonna be shifting until i'm a senior citizen
19%
Yes
44%
not in a very long time
37%

Total votes: 27

Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

to be honest, i really cant see stick surviving in the futer... sry guys... but i beleive that by 2030, or so, every car will only be offered in auto or tip-tronic (semi-slushies)... so yea.. if u really want to drive stick then, better keep the one u have or will have in good condition..

to answer the question, yes i probably see my self back to auto in the future.. but not any time in the near future...
Epi
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Epi »

Hmm.. don't quite understand this "until i'm a senior citizen" part - why do you think seniors cannot drive manual? ;)

Anyway, I had automatic car for the whole year - and that was enough to realize that I will never own auto again. Mercedes doesn't make manuals? well, it only means that I'll never buy car from them (I like BMW better, anyway).

On the other hand, most likely, I'll have to drive automatic car from time to time - not all my friends have manuals (and I'm not talking about US rentals)... but I surely will try to avoid it.
-Epi.
bee77
Junior Standardshifter

Nice Try

Post by bee77 »

Johnf514 wrote: When I manage to get my hands on a stick, it'll be wonderful driving, but nothing to do a dance routine over.
Well you know what they say, nice try but no cigar.
Swift
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Swift »

My Fiancee has an auto and she likes it when I drive so I drive that fairly often. It's ok, but boring.