2021 Honda Accord sedan only automatic

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: 2021 Honda Accord sedan only automatic

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Stelcom66 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:39 pm True - like with my 1967 Chevy Caprice with the Powerglide. It was slipping like crazy when it started to fail but I was able to get home.

At the time my parents had a '67 Impala SS with the 327 V8, dual exhausts. It was also a Powerglide, so not quick off line - but if you floored it at 40mph or so it would throw you back into the seat as it dropped to first gear. Second was the top gear.
Ah YESSSSSS! The famous powerglide "Stomp on the gas pedal at a 40-roll". 40 MPH was too fast for first gear in a 3 speed automatic, and not at the optimal speed for acceleration in 2nd gear with a 3-speed automatic, but with a powerglide, you were right there at the sweet spot.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Stelcom66 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:48 pm My '99 Accord is a few times a week driver. If I didn't have a company vehicle I would not have bought something that old. I settled on that because it was very difficult to find an Accord with a manual transmission at the time, about 2 years ago. Especially rare is an EX model with the manual, which probably has not been an option for several years now.
actually, they offered the accord ex with a manual through the last (9th) generation. hard to find, but it existed. when i got my 2015 accord sport manual, i had asked about getting an ex manual, and i was pretty much told i'd be waiting a very long time for one to come into the dealer, if they ever did. i believe my salesman told me that he had never seen a 9th gen accord ex manual. as it was, i had to wait close to two weeks (IIRC) for my sport manual to come in, and we didn't know whether it was going to be a grey car or a black car. apparently they either couldn't or wouldn't order specific cars. don't forget they also offered the manual with the V6 accords, and newer ones tended to be the V6 EX-L coupes. redline reviews has done at least one nice review of the 9th gen V6 EX-L manual coupe.
Good to see proper punctuation - "cr-vs", not cr-v's. It still would not have been as bad as 'Used Car's for sale'.
this is won off my pet peas. lern two puncturate, ore lern too luck goo fee.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:16 am
Good to see proper punctuation - "cr-vs", not cr-v's. It still would not have been as bad as 'Used Car's for sale'.
Icon dye nao, know ink summons carion the torge!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:22 am
eats my pless sure two take offer fore ewe butt eye hope dis doe sent mean that ewe arr re-tire ring Fromm the SS!! Gott verboten!! :shock: :o :cry: :?:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:33 am
Rope-Pusher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:22 am
eats my pless sure two take offer fore ewe butt eye hope dis doe sent mean that ewe arr re-tire ring Fromm the SS!! Gott verboten!! :shock: :o :cry: :?:
No, Eye doan plant on leafing...but one, or two, never nose. Tummy, the test eyed wanda take wood bee the "How series wood Covid Kick My Abs" test.
Nay Bore's sun brought it hoam from werk and gafe it two mummendad. Dad was in the horsepillow four three weaks aunt now he's mebbe gonna loose sum fingers tips and toast. F I new that was mie fait, mebbe eyed bee mower paranoid a boat it.