Thoughts on car stereotypes?

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: Thoughts on car stereotypes?

Post by watkins »

You could at least not post a base model

Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

I'm pretty sure I saw a Saab very similar to the one Moofasa linked this past week slogging through the snow/ice/crap that we have here. It was hard to know for sure because half the car still had a layer of snow on it.

I don't entirely understand that either. If you are going to clear off your windows, you might as well knock off the snow on top of your car too... and... you know... clear off your headlights if you are driving at night. I saw an idiot with completely covered headlights trying to use them near the end of last week.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Squint wrote:I'm pretty sure I saw a Saab very similar to the one Moofasa linked this past week slogging through the snow/ice/crap that we have here. It was hard to know for sure because half the car still had a layer of snow on it.

I don't entirely understand that either. If you are going to clear off your windows, you might as well knock off the snow on top of your car too... and... you know... clear off your headlights if you are driving at night. I saw an idiot with completely covered headlights trying to use them near the end of last week.
You think this is bad?

Day before yesterday after we got freezing rain and some snow on top (very little). I see a car that is doing maybe 5 mph down the street. Why? Because her windshield is completely covered in ice and snow, aside from a thin line at the very top. It's daytime and as the car passes me, I can't even see inside.

What the f**k? Are people really that stupid that they can't start the car a few minutes early and and turn on the defrost? You can't tell me you have nothing to scrape a window with, either. I've done it before with grocery store savings cards, etc. But driving with literally zero visibility doing less than 5 mph down the street?
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

If I ever tried to brain the depths of stupidity and, let's face it, abject selfishness of people who refuse to take even a token amount of time to clear off their windows before motoring away I'd probably go into a coma. These are the same people who are too lazy to run the rear windshield wiper to get that moderately fair visibility.

Makes you want to help them clear their car...with a flame thrower and napalm.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Every stereotype has an exception.

This morning on my commute, I followed an early 2000s BMW M3 for a couple of miles and he didn't drive like a 'schnozzle, he used his turn signals, and he kept proper spacing.

Unlike the idiotic Pontiac Vibe that went flying up the side of the road to get 5-6 cars ahead of where they were when the lanes narrowed from 2 to 1 in our direction.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

No one around here uses turn signals. Ever.

I think the douchiest drivers that I notice here are those driving brodozers: i.e. lifted F250 diesels on Rockstar wheels, Browning (deer head outline) sticker on the back window and a huge exhaust can out the back or a stack coming out the bed. Bonus points for some patriotic slogan sticker somewhere on the truck.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Dont forget about Rams with the moose tow mirrors!

tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Rams already have fallopian tubes, whatsamatter with mooseknuckles?
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!