'14 Fiat 500 of the 5-speed variety

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: '14 Fiat 500 of the 5-speed variety

Post by AHTOXA »

cwat89 wrote:What a shame. Seems most manufactures save for a few are going the way of no clutch feel. I drove a 5 speed Tacoma the other day and it was similar to what you described. It engaged very low and had no feel to be able to ride it out should you need to. It was kinda all or nothing. One car that surprised me that had a great shifter and clutch feel was he ford fiesta st I sat in at the auto show. Also the Chevy sonic was nice too.
Yeah, the Sonic's clutch is more reminiscent of the 'standard' clutch feel, rather than the modern, mushy and light clutches most manufacturers are using.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
cwat89
Junior Standardshifter

Re: '14 Fiat 500 of the 5-speed variety

Post by cwat89 »

Squint wrote:
cwat89 wrote:What a shame. Seems most manufactures save for a few are going the way of no clutch feel. I drove a 5 speed Tacoma the other day and it was similar to what you described. It engaged very low and had no feel to be able to ride it out should you need to. It was kinda all or nothing. One car that surprised me that had a great shifter and clutch feel was he ford fiesta st I sat in at the auto show. Also the Chevy sonic was nice too.
What auto show did you visit?
International auto show that comes to the TD center in Greenville.

Just searched it I couldn't remember who put it on. It's the motortrend show.
1988 Chevy S10 M5
I will never get rid of this truck!

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 A4