2014 Honda Civic mid-cycle refresh

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: 2014 Honda Civic mid-cycle refresh

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Squint wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:^ You need to see it in Poisson in order to really decide if you like the looks or snot.
I thought Rope was talking about fish.
Since I took Engineering in college, I did chuckle when I read his statement.
Fickset
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Boston Fit »

Rope-Pusher wrote:You need to see it in Poisson in order to really decide if you like the looks or snot.

I do see the resemblance. Where the previous Civic Coupe looked bland, the new one looks a bit disheveled.
2013 Honda Civic Si
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

Couldn't help but comment on this. The new coupe is okay IMO, but it kind of has a bit of toyota/lexus in its front end.

I do think the 12 and 13 coupes were quite nice looking. Loved the headlights
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Boston Fit »

Here is more info from the L.A. Auto Show - http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/cou ... rst_drive/

Also, I think I figured out why I don't like the new look: the '14 Civic Coupe does not seem comfortable in its own skin. Civics are supposed to be well-built, workaday cars that tote you from place to place with confidence. Their silky engines and transmissions are known for delivering fun in responsible doses.

Civics are purposeful, not skittish; measured, not impulsive - and the new facelift seems to lose sight of that with its patchwork of dissonant, attention-seeking design cues. Maybe I am being a little harsh, but the 2013 Civic's low-key looks were a plus when I was shopping around for a new daily commuter. I hope this new direction is a blip!
2013 Honda Civic Si