Mustang GT 5MT

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Re: Mustang GT 5MT

Post by Tinton »

Warner wrote:I don't really like many American cars, but one of the few exceptions is the '03-'04 Mustang Cobra. Those things are the sex.

The only other American cars I can think of off-hand that I like are the Z06 and obviously the ZR1.
All faggot cars. :evil: For being an American-car-guy I hate the Mustang and Corvette, for the success they've had they're massively overrated. There's many American cars I'd like to own, but the Corvette and Mustang aren't among them. The only Corvette I'd really like to own is a C4 Grand Sport, cause those look like sex (IMO) or a C4 ZR-1 with the LT5 engine. A 5.7L DOHC V8 would just be sick to drive, imo much more so than a LS7.
Last edited by Tinton on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

Tinton wrote:
Warner wrote:I don't really like many American cars, but one of the few exceptions is the '03-'04 Mustang Cobra. Those things are the sex.

The only other American cars I can think of off-hand that I like are the Z06 and obviously the ZR1.
All faggot cars. :evil:
to you.
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

wannabe wrote:
Tinton wrote:

to you.
Well Jack likes to jizz his pants whenever he sees a Shitstain, and that's his opinion too. Your point?
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Holy smokes, watd i miss.
IIRC you wernt an ass hole a few months ago.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Tinton wrote:

I wouldnt call them fagot cars. If anything, bluehaired old f*cktard cars, since thats the majority of drivers.

There area a lot of Vettes I wouldnt mind owning though. Most older. Stingrays for instance are absolutely stunning cars. No Rustangs though.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

What happened is we had a debate over the meet location, or...they did.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

everyones a frikin ass hole on this site, no longer friendly.
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

JackBauer wrote:everyones a frikin ass hole on this site, no longer friendly.
Seriously, if I was looking for strong opinions thrown around without any reasoning, or assessments of vehicles based solely on the generalizations of that vehicle's steretypical driver, I would have stayed on Autoblog.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if said opinion isn't based on much, well there ya go.

I have to admit, I forgot this thread was even about Mustang GT MTs and thought it was just an attack on American cars. :|
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

JackBauer wrote:everyones a frikin ass hole on this site, no longer friendly.
now, not EVERYONE.
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

Im like 42.5% asshole, only when im drunk.
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

ColJessip wrote:Im like 42.5% asshole, only when im drunk.
9001% for me :lol: :lol: :lol:.

As I remember its always been like this, it just depended on the topic at hand. Domestic vs. import discussions used to be a little like this, IIRC. I don't remember there being a Mustang thread so I never really gave my opinion of them, now that there is I don't feel like holding back. Especially when Jack says only real cars are FR with a V8 :roll:.
Silverado
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Tinton wrote:
ColJessip wrote:Im like 42.5% asshole, only when im drunk.
9001% for me :lol: :lol: :lol:.

As I remember its always been like this, it just depended on the topic at hand. Domestic vs. import discussions used to be a little like this, IIRC. I don't remember there being a Mustang thread so I never really gave my opinion of them, now that there is I don't feel like holding back. Especially when Jack says only real cars are FR with a V8 :roll:.
Well, I do have a little bit of a fancy for your red 5MT Fiero, but mostly because in comparison to other Fieros, it extra superior, especially to the 3AT made.

I am sure we could go on and on like this forever. I would say that there is no replacement for displacement. Holycow would agree, then we would banter about trucks for a while, then permabanned would tell us we are straight line idiots It goes on in a predictable fashion.
Last edited by Silverado on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Been driving stick since March of 2009
paul34 wrote:good luck on the stickshifting journey - it never ends! And we're all in it together.
mtheis
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Corolla, 76 Celica

Post by mtheis »

Now, now, children.
2007 Corolla
2017 Cannondale Quick 3
1995 Tercel
1976 Celica GT
Unofficial SS.com IRC Server
Driving stick since March 20, 2002
Official lurker
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Tinton wrote:

All faggot cars. :evil: For being an American-car-guy I hate the Mustang and Corvette, for the success they've had they're massively overrated. There's many American cars I'd like to own, but the Corvette and Mustang aren't among them. The only Corvette I'd really like to own is a C4 Grand Sport, cause those look like sex (IMO) or a C4 ZR-1 with the LT5 engine. A 5.7L DOHC V8 would just be sick to drive, imo much more so than a LS7.
watkins wrote:I wouldnt call them fagot cars. If anything, bluehaired old f*cktard cars, since thats the majority of drivers.

There area a lot of Vettes I wouldnt mind owning though. Most older. Stingrays for instance are absolutely stunning cars. No Rustangs though.
The '03-'04 Cobra is a huge step-up in performance from the GT, but I can at least partially understand your dislike for it. The Z06 and ZR1, on the other hand, are completely different cars and nothing at all like the base Corvette. You simply cannot deny the incredible performance of these cars. I don't see at all how you can call them overrated when they are a huge bargain for the performance you're getting.

Anyway, unlike you two I don't judge cars based on the people who drive them.