2007 Honda Civic Si (me) vs 2007 GTI

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Civic Si (FG2)

2007 Honda Civic Si (me) vs 2007 GTI

Post by NjSi »

well we were at a light and it was a long light, and the kid had some nice rims, and tinted taillights and what not so we were talking , he said he was stock ...and so did i , and the speed limit on the road was 55 so i didnt even think about racing at first but he got off the line fast and then i caught up to him he was prob in 2nd at 25 and i was about 3k from redline (8200) and we started to go, and by the time i hit third gear, i was 3 lengths ahead of him, and then i had to do some ht's to stop for the next light but it was fun, not a real set up race...but we were just messing around, i think i would be able to pull on him in the long run because even though hes turbo'd his shifting point is when my car starts gaining most of its power (peak power in my car is gained at 7800rpms , about 400 from redline ) so when he was shifting i was still pulling i dont know i just thought it was fun, i also chirped my tires goign into 2nd and goign into 3rd it was pretty crazy. just thought i would share that with you guys...
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

would've been a drivers race
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

vtec just kicked in yo.
FREE ROMAN!
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter

Post by NjSi »

lol yea pretty much, i decided im not goign to go for a faster rwd car in 4 years instead i think im goign to buy the redshift supercharger kit (stage 2) and have that installed. i should be pushin above 300 horsepower
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

Just get a comptech super charger for the Si or a Greddy turbo :D
Gish
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Gish »

1 seconod difference in 0-60 times...
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

NjSi wrote:lol yea pretty much, i decided im not goign to go for a faster rwd car in 4 years instead i think im goign to buy the redshift supercharger kit (stage 2) and have that installed. i should be pushin above 300 horsepower
Heh, same here. I'm pretty much convinced I'll be slapping a turbo on my car in about a year or so. :D It's not 300 hp (only about 230), but it's also only about $2300. I like to add horsepower in small doses, so I can get used to it. :)
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter

Post by NjSi »

Sypher wrote:Just get a comptech super charger for the Si or a Greddy turbo :D
I would have done comptech, but im not going to now that they went out of business. The kits that are still floating around are amazing, but the only problem is nobody will do a install wiht insurance, Redshift covers there install for 2 years (30,000 miles)
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter

Post by NjSi »

Nychold wrote:
NjSi wrote:lol yea pretty much, i decided im not goign to go for a faster rwd car in 4 years instead i think im goign to buy the redshift supercharger kit (stage 2) and have that installed. i should be pushin above 300 horsepower
Heh, same here. I'm pretty much convinced I'll be slapping a turbo on my car in about a year or so. :D It's not 300 hp (only about 230), but it's also only about $2300. I like to add horsepower in small doses, so I can get used to it. :)
I have never driven a car wiht a turbo, i drive my uncles '03 SVT Cobra which has an upgraded Whipple supercharger , hes pushin like 600 to the wheels, and i jus tlove how i can drive without hittting the supercharger...its almost like an improved VTEC sound!!!!!!! and everyone knows that VTECCC is the nasty
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

NjSi wrote:
Sypher wrote:Just get a comptech super charger for the Si or a Greddy turbo :D
I would have done comptech, but im not going to now that they went out of business. The kits that are still floating around are amazing, but the only problem is nobody will do a install wiht insurance, Redshift covers there install for 2 years (30,000 miles)
comptech? out of business? since when?
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter

Post by NjSi »

About three months ago or so, when i have time after work ill throw up the link with all the information, but yea it pretty much sucks cause they had a really nice exhaust for my car, but now its near impossible to find it. anyway give me a couple hours cause right now im running out the door.

[/url]