Tie perhaps

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Grimey
Senior Standardshifter

Tie perhaps

Post by Grimey »

Got myself in a race today :D I was cruising on the highway (55mph speed limit) when i see this car coming up fast. A pontiac with a ram air hood. Its coming up to me so I start matching speed, and we're now cruisin about 70-75. Then the merge comes into sight less than half a mile down the road :twisted: N its showtime (up until this time i wasnt really expecting a race, just thought it was cruisin) But She punches it, and this couple, kinda older, like 45ish, with his wife driving, starts to pass. He smiles and waves as they do. I drop it in third which puts me pretty square in my pband, and start to catch up...the farthest they got was my nose to there rear bumper. Then I stuck with them at about 1/4 car length behind and nose to nose, when we started to hit the merge...at over 110ish...Threshold braking FTW! So I start laughing and they give me the thumbs up. I love nice sunny days. 8)

Thing that gets me tho is that I still dont know what car it was...Like I said its pontiac, had the ram hood, and on the rear it said 6.0, with dual exhaust...I figured it must be the G6...anyone got a clue?
98 Camaro 3.8 V6, 5MT
90 Eclaser 2.0 DOHC Turbo, 5MT
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Re: Tie perhaps

Post by Nychold »

Grimey wrote:Got myself in a race today :D I was cruising on the highway (55mph speed limit) when i see this car coming up fast. A pontiac with a ram air hood. Its coming up to me so I start matching speed, and we're now cruisin about 70-75. Then the merge comes into sight less than half a mile down the road :twisted: N its showtime (up until this time i wasnt really expecting a race, just thought it was cruisin) But She punches it, and this couple, kinda older, like 45ish, with his wife driving, starts to pass. He smiles and waves as they do. I drop it in third which puts me pretty square in my pband, and start to catch up...the farthest they got was my nose to there rear bumper. Then I stuck with them at about 1/4 car length behind and nose to nose, when we started to hit the merge...at over 110ish...Threshold braking FTW! So I start laughing and they give me the thumbs up. I love nice sunny days. 8)

Thing that gets me tho is that I still dont know what car it was...Like I said its pontiac, had the ram hood, and on the rear it said 6.0, with dual exhaust...I figured it must be the G6...anyone got a clue?
That's a new Pontiac GTO. It has a 6.0 L V8 engine in it, so I'm guessing that's what the 6.0 was. But there might be a GXP version of something with the 6.0L engine...

http://www.pontiac.com/gto/index.jsp

Look at the pictures, and see if that's what you saw. I'm almost positive it is. :)
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

Your camaro kept up with a goat? Interesting.
Grimey
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Grimey »

zender05 wrote:Your camaro kept up with a goat? Interesting.
More like impossible...but yes, It had the same back end as the GTO from the site...So yeah, it shoulda blown my doors off. They must not have tried to hard :roll:

EDIT: Yeah, did some more research...Its a bit fatter 500lbs ish, but I think the 200 HP difference more than make up. They played with me like a toy :oops: :x
98 Camaro 3.8 V6, 5MT
90 Eclaser 2.0 DOHC Turbo, 5MT
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

Still must've been fun :D . Careful though!
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

paul34 wrote::lol: yea, it DEFINITELY wasn't a G6 :lol:
Thank you,

J/k! Couldn't resist! :lol: :lol:
hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm