So how to you sleep?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!

So how do you sleep?

sleep on your back
11%
sleep on your side (describe it because there are many different ways to sleep on your side)
68%
sleep on your stomach
21%

Total votes: 28

Mike_AR
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Acura RSX

So how to you sleep?

Post by Mike_AR »

I'm curious as to what positions people sleep in on a regular basis. Also how firm or soft is your bed mattress, how many pillows do sleep on, is it thick or thin?

I'm having problems finding a comfortable sleeping position. Maybe I just need a new bed mattress.
Life is better with three pedals
marcman1987
Senior Standardshifter

Post by marcman1987 »

At first I thought this was going to be a spam thread. This place just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!... Think Globally, Act Locally!
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

I think I sleep on my back. It's the position I wake up in, so I imagine I slept in the same position. My mattress is a little on the firm side, and so is my 1 pillow. If I sleep on a bed that is too soft, my back hurts.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

i sleep on my back with my head turned to the left. i have one medium-firm pillow under my head and a stuffed penguin on the side. :P

oh and morning wood ftw :oops:
FREE ROMAN!
papyrus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Mazda3

Post by papyrus »

I can't vote because I'm all over the place. I'm a freestyle sleeper.

I wake up with my head at the foot of the bed or sideways or something. But I rarely sleep on my stomach. I also share a queen-size bed with a cover-stealing-space-hog so sleeping is quite a fiasco. :roll:

You probably just need a new mattress. Sleeping position should be natural. Do you just have trouble falling asleep or do you wake constantly?
from now on, we'll take 'here' to mean 'here i am, rock you like a hurricane.' mooninites ftw!
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

JackBauer doesn't sleep.
Sisrahtac
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Sisrahtac »

Any tips on falling asleep? I have trouble sleeping, even if I lay down my mind won't stop moving. :?
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2023 Subaru VB WRX

Post by Draklen »

Rubber Mallet? J/K

Mmmm I am the same way. I mind keeps wandering if it's quiet in my room. What usually helps me is to put on a movie that I've seen a ton of times. Low volume, just higher enough to hear what's going on. My mind gets bored of the movie and I fall asleep. The light from my TV doesn't bother me because I normally sleep facing my wall (on my side or on my back).

Movies I normally put on:
Apollo 13
Armageddon
Twister
Braveheart

Usually longer movies where there is no really big volume changes. I choose longer movies because sometimes I'll actually stay awake during the whole movie then have to get up and put in a different one or restart the movie heh.

But don't forget the sleep timer on the TV. Don't want the regular TV shows to wake you up and catch your mind's interest. Dang infomercials with food .... Mmmmm... food....
facebook.com/whaever
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

i fall asleep on my right side, i don't remember how i wake up. i sleep w/ two pillows, and a bunch of blankets. i sleep on a twin sized bed.

i also sleep w/ a bunch of stuffed animals (providing they don't fall off...lol)
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

Sisrahtac wrote:Any tips on falling asleep? I have trouble sleeping, even if I lay down my mind won't stop moving. :?
i put on music...i usually listen to deathcab, interpol, tobymac, my highschool choir/orchestra/band, annie moses band, angela renee or classical stuff. :)
Trinsic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Trinsic »

I always fall asleep on my stomach. I shift around at night, of course, but it's easier for me to fall asleep when I'm on my stomach.
Hey, it's faster than a Porsche 914. :P
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

I fall asleep on my side and usually wake up in nearly the same position or occasionally on my back. I used to sometimes fall asleep on my stomach, but I was told it's bad for you and I trained myself not to anymore... :roll:

I have a bad back (result of injury), and get pain almost every night regardless of the mattress or pillows...although I find that a relatively firm mattress is usually better. If I can't get to sleep because too much is on my mind or whatever, I sometimes try listening to music or getting up and reading for a while or something. If that doesn't help it usually means that I just won't be sleeping that night. :lol:
It's not what's on the outside, it's what's under the hood
Mike_AR
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Acura RSX

Post by Mike_AR »

marcman1987 wrote:At first I thought this was going to be a spam thread. This place just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
This is the off topic section of the forum. You should see the other topics on other forums. Anyway I was having sleeping problems so I wondered if you guys could provide any answers.
papyrus wrote:I'm a freestyle sleeper.

I wake up with my head at the foot of the bed or sideways or something.
lol. That's pretty funny. :D I guess I should have added freestyler sleeping. :wink:

The problem I'm having is that I'm finding it harder and harder to find a comfortable position. I guess it's a little like your freestyle but I don't move as often. It takes me longer to get to sleep so I'm tired in the morning. Having the tv on helps my mind fall asleep but the problem really is finding a comfortable sleeping position, which is why I'm asking what you guys do.
Life is better with three pedals
papyrus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Mazda3

Post by papyrus »

Mike_AR wrote:
papyrus wrote:I'm a freestyle sleeper.

I wake up with my head at the foot of the bed or sideways or something.
lol. That's pretty funny. :D I guess I should have added freestyler sleeping. :wink:

The problem I'm having is that I'm finding it harder and harder to find a comfortable position. I guess it's a little like your freestyle but I don't move as often. It takes me longer to get to sleep so I'm tired in the morning. Having the tv on helps my mind fall asleep but the problem really is finding a comfortable sleeping position, which is why I'm asking what you guys do.
Just to clarify, I don't wake up upside-down every night (although it happens from time to time), but I do move around a lot. Sometimes when I'm having trouble falling asleep it's because I forgot to turn my fan on. I like the ambient noise and the breeze - for whatever reason that does the trick. If it's too stuffy in my room I can't sleep. Do you have a fan?

Do you exercise? That can help A LOT if you're having trouble sleeping although if you workout too close to bed time it can keep you awake.

Do you do other things in your bed like read, eat, or watch TV? If so, stop for awhile and re-train your mind that the bed is for sleeping, not hanging out.

Failing all that - a couple shots should do the trick. :P

Rest easy, MikeAR :)
from now on, we'll take 'here' to mean 'here i am, rock you like a hurricane.' mooninites ftw!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

I sleep on my stomach. My bed is about right in the middle, its not very firm, yet not too soft either. Probably because its kinda old. As for pillows, they're decorations on my bed. I never use pillows. I sleep on my arm. For some strange reason, its comfortable to me.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs