Hey hey.

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Hey hey.

Post by TomCivic »

Yeah I got a 2001 Honda Civic pretty much yesterday. My dad has been taking me out and what not and i'm pretty much good at everything. Sometimes I forget i'm in a standard an i let off the clutch like it's the break at a light and my dad freaks out lol. Actually today we were at a long light and my dad switched it into neutral when I wasn't looking. I tried taking off and I couldn't. My dad started yelling at me and i looked down. Then I accidently put it in 3rd gear and tried taking off like 4 times after stalling. I finally got it in 1st gear and took off and the light just turned red after I got past the line lol. I felt like such a jackass but it was kinda funny because I was getting pissed at the dude behind me 'cause he was riding my tail. Oh, and btw, this site is great, I've learned a lot since I've started reading all these posts. I really want to be pro by the end of the week. I catch onto to things quick so I doubt it will be a problem.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

welcome to the site :D
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter

Post by Hatchman »

Great story Tom. Glad you enjoy the site and get some use out of it :D
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

Hey great story!

I took off twice in third gear in traffic in my Celica before I knew what was happening so lighten up and light up! Jeez that was a lame one :lol:

Welcome to SS.com

-Magnus

EDIT: Sorry about the missing red text, It was 2 AM here when I typed it here. OK Its 2:40 AM right now but somehow I am more alert :P
Do not try to find 3rd, for you may not always reach it. Just go up and let it reach you!
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Re: Hey hey.

Post by coolguy »

TomCivic wrote:Yeah I got a 2001 Honda Civic pretty much yesterday. My dad has been taking me out and what not and i'm pretty much good at everything. Sometimes I forget i'm in a standard an i let off the clutch like it's the break at a light and my dad freaks out lol. Actually today we were at a long light and my dad switched it into neutral when I wasn't looking. I tried taking off and I couldn't. My dad started yelling at me and i looked down. Then I accidently put it in 3rd gear and tried taking off like 4 times after stalling. I finally got it in 1st gear and took off and the light just turned red after I got past the line lol. I felt like such a jackass but it was kinda funny because I was getting pissed at the dude behind me 'cause he was riding my tail. Oh, and btw, this site is great, I've learned a lot since I've started reading all these posts. I really want to be pro by the end of the week. I catch onto to things quick so I doubt it will be a problem.

:lol: Great funny story and I enjoyed it! Welcome to the site and good luck.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Hey, welcome to the site. What trim is your civic? I havea 01 Ex (well, it's known as a Si in Canada)
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Some stuff.

Post by TomCivic »

I have some pics of it if you want to compare. I really hate hubcaps though, they look so cheap. I might invest in some new rims but we'll see.
I really like the color even though it's a cop magnet. The black interior is nice but I wish it had leather seats :-P. Oh and does anyone know any places online where they sell rims for a good deal. I dont know how big my tires are, they're prob 17 inches but I really havent looked at the specs or measured.
Last edited by TomCivic on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

nice car, looks really good.
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Yeah, only one previous owner. I think he buffed it and waxed it before the trade in because there are no surface scratches. Like 3 or 4 chips but nothing a little touch up wont fix.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

looks nice :)

for rims, if you're looking for something that's inexpensive but still fairly nice looking, i got some nice looking rims for my old corolla for $50 each at PepBoys. they're not some huge name or anything fancy but it was a corolla. that was for 14 or 15 inch though, can't remember which.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Yeah, I'm gonna go for black rims, with a 200-400 range for all 4. Maybe 5 or 6 spokes, it'll look good either way.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

I suggest you get rims that are no bigger than 17", or else they will just look BAD! Also, with the civics, getting rims without any drop will make the car look awkward, too, so just keep that in mind. I suggest you check out http://www.7thgenforum.com to get all your answers about your civic
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Yeah, I was just going to ask how I would go about lowering my car. My brother is pretty good with cars so maybe if it's an easy process we could do it ourselves. What does it involve?
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Make sure you balance those wheels right. Lots of people that I know that have aftermarket wheels for their Civic get vibrations while they drive.
Skywong
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Skywong »

Welcome! Nice car, drive safe and watch out for that 3rd gear launch!
05' Lexus IS 300, 5-speed, DOHC I6 3.0L, stock for now.