STICKIN' IT TO "THE MAN" SINCE 1941

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

STICKIN' IT TO "THE MAN" SINCE 1941

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Jeep Wrangler continues to allow Amish driving and will now offer a full-floating Dana 44 Rear Axle.
https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.co ... 4783&mid=1
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: STICKIN' IT TO "THE MAN" SINCE 1941

Post by watkins »

The vast majority of the "improvements" are pretty terrible, actually. A windshield-integrated antenna on the vehicle with the highest number of broken windshields per capita? Horrible!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:00 pm The vast majority of the "improvements" are pretty terrible, actually. A windshield-integrated antenna on the vehicle with the highest number of broken windshields per capita? Horrible!
Do they "Paint" the windshield antenna onto the surface of the glass, like rear defroster lines are painted on?

I was thinking that a stone pop on the front sheet of the windshield wouldn't cause a crack on the back sheet of the laminate.

I've taken out some of the lines on my rear defroster grid - when I haul stuff, sometimes it rubs on the glass as I drive. I haven't decided whether to get the window replaced or to try my foot at painting repair lines. I should have taken a photo of it in the winter, so I would have a record of which lines weren't functioning now.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

Our latest acquisition had a bad contact and 5% limo tint over the 20% in the glass making everything behind the B pillars uncomfortably close to opaque. After soldering the contact back on and peeling off the film, my solution to function testing "out of season" was to turn the defroster on then climb in the back, breathe on the glass, and watch that the fog cleared quickly from the lines out.