Post your oil changes here

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Post your oil changes here

Post by tankinbeans »

Clifford gets Motorcraft in another 1300 miles because he goes to the dealer for his checkups. Olie generally gets Pennzoil or whatever's on sale. I still need to decide for Galadriel (or as my mom calls her - The Griffon).
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
cwat89
Junior Standardshifter

Re: Post your oil changes here

Post by cwat89 »

theholycow wrote:I use AC Delco and Purolator filters too. I would use all AC Delco but the filter for wife's car is a newfangled one that has no can, just the element, and costs something like $10 for AC Delco vs. $3 for Purolator.

I have my doubts though. If you read up on AC Delco filters, some good evidence exists that they're actually not good quality. QC is definitely iffy. I have to open the box in the store to make sure I can see nothing wrong; often I find burrs or shavings on the threads. Considering that, I can't say I know why I keep buying them...that's a really compelling reason not to buy them, who knows what's wrong inside if that can be found on the outside.
Interesting. I may just start using purolator from now on.
InlinePaul wrote:I like Valvoline, but will sometimes go with Amsoil for top of the line synthetic (their Signature Series).
For Valvoline, I would go exclusive Maxlife. My stash:
Nice valvoline collection!!
1988 Chevy S10 M5
I will never get rid of this truck!

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 A4