help! sound device problem (computer)

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

200 GB is nothing! I wouldn't be able to fit *anything* if I only had 200 GB....in fact, I need to buy another external hard drive...

Good luck, subzero.
It's not what's on the outside, it's what's under the hood
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

well i just reformatted. im sad.

i feel like i got raped :cry: .
FREE ROMAN!
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

Ironichumour wrote:200 GB is nothing! I wouldn't be able to fit *anything* if I only had 200 GB....in fact, I need to buy another external hard drive...

Good luck, subzero.
I wouldn't even know what to do with all that. I'm only sportin 75GB at home. I do have a sh|tload of music on it, and I'm not even using half of it...
You huge HD guys must have a bunch of videos or something...
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

when my comp was first built it had 80GB..i filled it up in 2 months lol
FREE ROMAN!
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

Ironichumour wrote:200 GB is nothing! I wouldn't be able to fit *anything* if I only had 200 GB....in fact, I need to buy another external hard drive...

Good luck, subzero.
how many gb do you have ironic???? i currently have 24.5...but i have a 60gb upstairs...
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

I have a 160 GB internal and a 120 GB external...but I have sooo much data backed up on data DVDs because I am always running out of space. I write and edit music and film sometimes as a hobby, and that uses up a lot of space (besides all the movies and music I download...lol). I'm buying a 500 GB external soon, hopefully. Mind you, what I have is nothing. My dad is now working with the National Film Board and he has....inexplicable amounts of hard drives and data but he still keeps running out of space! I also know people who have several terabytes of data, consisting of only downloaded stuff!! :shock:
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

Paul i just finished downloading a copy of the full version AVG anti-virus. seems to be doing its thing pretty well. thanks bro.

<3 bit torrent. :wink:
FREE ROMAN!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

paul34 wrote:yea, symantec screwed up your sound drivers.

First thing:
1) Get rid of the trash that is synmantec and norton. They're pieces of crap which should have no place in any computer
2) Get AVG Anti-Virus (free edition) from Grisoft. Just look it up on Google, because the free version is a little bit of a challenge to find.
3) Reinstall your sound drivers after this. That should fix it

Of course, try system restore first, then get rid of that stupid "antivirus" and get a good one, like AVG :)
I put AVG on my computer a while back, and it royally f**k my computer up. It took forever to get it to run again.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

lol the 500 gig drive I get will probably be a Seagate...I can't afford a 750 right now otherwise I would definitely go for that!
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

I'm hoping to score a 250+GB external for Christmas. I desperately need to back up my music and movies, as I'd hate to lose 50GB of music and 80GB of movies. :P

My roommate has about 1.3TB of storage space spanned over several externals and internals. And somehow, most of the space is taken up. :shock:
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

does anyone have a recommended burning software? i remember i had one a while back in the napster era that allowed me to burn mp3's with errors on them (minor) and it would be fine.

with the program i use now, Nero, if one mp3 in the bunch has a problem...it aborts the whole process.
FREE ROMAN!
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Does your sound work now?
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

yes. i reformatted my computer and didnt back up my mp3s and movies because i really didnt care anymore.
FREE ROMAN!